By Peter Andrew – ConservativeAmerican.org – Leading the way Right with unique and fun conservative news & views.
We have a representative form of government, but do our representatives actually represent us anymore? That’s how we were set up, right? We pick people, vote for them, and they represent us. If we don’t like them, we vote them out. But is that happening anymore? Is it working?
It seems that once a politician is in Washington, D.C., he or she rarely leaves. They get money and power and it is difficult for any challenger to unseat them, so they keep their job. Forever. They basically are not accountable to those they “represent” anymore. They don’t have to be. Once they are in, they’re in.
Heck, they even have parties for people who served 20 years in congress as if that is something to celebrate. This is why we are strongly in favor of term limits.
Permanent politicians have replaced the American design where we would have citizen legislators.
Constituents upset with their congressional representative or U.S. Senator have a nearly impossible task of unseating them. They simply cannot raise the funds needed to compete with the permanent politicians.
So, I ask again: Do our representatives represent us anymore? My answer is it sure doesn’t seem like it…
- They passed Obamacare
- They lie to us (If you like your plan…) and nothing happens to them
- They ignore the Constitution (numerous illegal changes and delays made in the Obamacare ‘law of the land’) and the checks and balances built in to protect us, fail. Congress and the Senate do not even try to check or balance this President.
- The IRS breaks the law, targets conservatives, releases tax info on the administration’s opponents and selectively targets republican donors for audits and what happens? Nothing.
- The Secretary of State, Vice President, U.N. Ambassador and the President himself all lie to the families of those killed in Benghazi, Libya and lie to the nation repeatedly about a protest that never was and a youtube video that had nothing to do with anything. The lies continue so that they won’t impact the 2012 reelection chances of the President and the 2016 election chances of the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. Not one of them was held accountable in any way. Susan Rice continues to lie about it as does the President. Joe Biden is silent and Hillary Clinton is so bold as to challenge those who might be tempted to do something about it by screaming at them, “What difference, at this point, does it make” that we all lied?! Hillary spit in the faces of every American, daring them to do something. Yet NOTHING happens. No one is accountable for anything.
- The Department of Justice has become the Department of Justice for Blacks and Democrats only. The Attorney General lied when he claimed he knew nothing about spying on James Rosen… despite the fact he signed the order to do so. So what happens? Nothing. Nothing at all happens to racist Eric Holder.
- No accountability for fast and furious.
- No impeachment for any of these high crimes and misdemeanors. Nixon and Clinton were impeached for far, far less than any single one of these items. Watergate was huge, but these are called “phony scandals” by the President and ignored by the vast majority of so-called “news” organizations which like to pretend they are some kind of “fourth estate,” another level of checks and balances.
We are left living in a lawless society run by a wannabe dictator and his administration. We are left without representation and without checks and balances.
This is a great nation. We can, and will, be great again. To get there we need Conservative American leaders. Not republicans. Not democrats. Not socialists. Not independents. Not cowards. Not compromisers. Not meet-in-the-middlers. We need strong people like our Founding Fathers. We need people who will restore, preserve and protect the Constitution, the concept of Citizen Legislators, and the very important checks and balances.
When push comes to shove, and it is very close now, Americans will not let their freedom be taken away by those who would betray the Constitution, the people, and the very things that have made this country so great.