The Official list of Obama Administration Scandals!
The list below contains all of the Obama Administration mistakes, blunders, broken promises, flip flops, gaffes, lies, etc. That’s too long of a name, so we called it “the Official Obama Administration Scandals List.” This list covers Barack Obama and his pals from day one through September 4th, 2011. At that point, the list was discontinued. We present this list to you as an accurate and complete historic detail of the Legacy of Lies President Obama leaves behind for the time period starting with his youth and going until September 4th, 2011. Not responsible for any broken or out-of-date links. They worked when we posted them. Some may redirect you to the wayback machine.
You can visit all the pages of the Official Obama Administration Scandals List!
SCANDALS By Scandal Number:1-100. 101-200. 201-300. 301-400. 401-500. 501-600. 601-700. 701-800. 801-900. 901-1000. 1001-1100. 1101-1200. 1201-1300. 1301-1400. 1401-1500. 1501-1600. 1601-1700. 1701-1800. 1801-1900. 1901-2000. 2001-2100. 2101-2200. 2201-2300. 2301-2325. – Find more ways to search the list at the bottom of this post.You can also use the search bar on our page.
- Obama’s BS on Lobbyists 1/28/2010 The Hypocrite-in-Chief strikes again! From Yid with Lid: “One of the many targets the President attacked during his SOTU were lobbyists: To close that credibility gap we must take action on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue to end the outsized influence of lobbyists;… But that was last night, today is a brand spanking new day. Today President Barack Obama’s administration invited K Street lobbyists to join private briefings on a range of topics addressed in Wednesday’s State of the Union. The Treasury Department on Thursday morning invited selected individuals to “a series of conference calls with senior Obama administration officials to discuss key aspects of the State of the Union address.”
- White House Spokeswoman says Obama Lied About Budget Freeze! 1/28/2010 Naked Emporer News reports Obama spokeswoman Jen Psaki had to clarify the President’s remarks about a so-called budget freeze to explain that education funding would not be effected. She said school spending actually increases 6%! So much for a “freeze” of non-discretionary funding! Can’t upset his pals in the Teachers Union after all!
- Biden Says Unemployment Will Grow This Spring!! Oops. 1/28/2010 NBC Today show host Merideth is only too happy to help Biden correct his gaffe when he says “Unemployment will grow this Spring!” She jumps in quickly to say, “You mean employment.” I guess George Stephanopoulus isn’t the only one gleefully willing to help make the administration look good. See the video of the Biden gaffe here.
- Holder is The Lonely Looney! – The “Real Scandal” of the Christmas Day Attempted Terror Attack 1/29/2010 Charles Krauthammer calls this the “real scandal” and writes that Eric Holder acted in haste and by himself in deciding the Christmas Day Terrorist should be given Miranda rights: “After 50 minutes of questioning him, the Obama administration chose, reflexively and mindlessly, to give the chatty terrorist the right to remain silent. Which he immediately did, undoubtedly denying us crucial information about al-Qaeda in Yemen, which had trained, armed and dispatched him. We have since learned that the decision to Mirandize Abdulmutallab had been made without the knowledge of or consultation with (1) the secretary of defense, (2) the secretary of homeland security, (3) the director of the FBI, (4) the director of the National Counterterrorism Center or (5) the director of national intelligence (DNI). The Justice Department acted not just unilaterally but unaccountably. Obama’s own DNI said that Abdulmutallab should have been interrogated by the HIG, the administration’s new High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group.” — ConservativeAmerican notes: Only there isn’t any such group on the mainland yet. Obama, claiming in his State of Obama address that Terrorism is Job # 1, put this on the back burner to battle the public on health care instead!
- Obama Recruiting High School Radicals in Public Schools!
- Obama’s Nuclear Power Lie
- Obama Claims ObamaCare Nightmare Debate Really Was on C-SPAN!
- Another Biden Gaffe – Saw uhm, uhm, uhm Some Movie in 2D! 2/2/2010 – As New York News & Features reports Biden couldn’t remember the name of the Avatar move, “”I think one of the odds on favorites … is um, is uh, this uh, this, this, this new program that I looked at and wished I was seeing it in 3-D, and you sit there and you watch this science-fiction thing unfold in front of you,” he said, with adorable wonder and excitement. “The magic of it is kind of overwhelming.” See, the great thing about Avatar is that it is available in 3-D. We know Amtrak Joe is no millionaire, but surely he could have scrounged up the extra few bucks for the full experience. Then again, if 2-D was overwhelming, maybe he made the right call.”
- Love-Child Daddy Peter Orszag Lies About Obama Budget 2/2/2010 The People’s Press Collective quotes Orszag: “To sustain job creation and economic growth into the years ahead and provide room for the private sector to expand, we are also making tough choices in the Budget: cutting what doesn’t work or isn’t necessary and investing in what will help to expand the economy and employment in the coming years.” – Bull***t. No “tough choices” are made, and when Democrats say “investing” you should hold on to your wallet.”
- Emanuel Has to Apologize for His Foul and Insensitive Mouth! 2/3/2010 – Of course the LA Times thinks Sarah Palin was wrong to pounce on Rahm Emanuel for calling political opponents “F***ing Retards” the other day. No surprise there. They actually advance this theory to support Team Obama: “Did White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel commit “a slur on all God’s children with cognitive and developmental disabilities” by calling the tactics adopted by some dissident liberal Democrats “[expletive] retarded”? Sarah Palin thinks so (and blogs so), and also thinks Emanuel should be cashiered by President Obama for uttering a word comparable in outrageousness to the N-word. Emanuel has apologized. Politically speaking, Emanuel should have done so, even if he wasn’t referring to retarded people, let alone retarded children, and even though he was spouting off in a closed-door meeting. But is “retarded” a hateful word? “Retard,” yes, whether that schoolyard taunt is inflicted on a literally retarded child or a child with normal intelligence. But “retarded,” which began life as a polite euphemism for “slow-witted” or “feebleminded,” isn’t usually thought of as a hateful epithet.” — Nonsense!
- Obama’s Second Vegas Blunder! 2/3/10 – Don’t blow your money in Vegas! That’s the advice from Barack Obama. AP has the story, “sparking a firestorm of criticism from Nevada’s elected officials for suggesting that people saving money for college shouldn’t blow it in Las Vegas, Obama told U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in a letter that he wasn’t saying anything negative about Las Vegas. It was the second time since taking office that Obama singled out Las Vegas as a potential example of spending excessively…Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman said during a hastily called news conference that Obama is no friend to Las Vegas and would not be welcomed here if he visits. “I’ll do everything I can to give him the boot,” Goodman said. “This president is a real slow learner.”… Reid, one of Obama’s closest allies, issued a statement headlined “Reid to Obama: ‘Lay off Las Vegas’” and was unusually blunt in his reaction. “The President needs to lay off Las Vegas and stop making it the poster child for where people shouldn’t be spending their money,” Reid said. “I would much rather tourists and business travelers spend their money in Las Vegas than spend it overseas.” …One year ago, Obama commented during a town hall meeting in Elkhart, Ind., that corporations shouldn’t use federal bailout money for trips to Las Vegas, the Super Bowl or corporate jets. Tourism and casino officials said the comment hurt the city as companies canceled meetings in Las Vegas and rescheduled them elsewhere.” UPDATE 2/20/2010: From Hot Air: “Ed (Morrissey)’s written a bunch of posts about The One’s dopey Vegas gaffe, not because it’s important but because watching Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman gleefully rub Obama’s face in his mistake has turned out to be such an odd, gratifying pleasure. But all good things must end. Today, my friends, the healing begins. “Let me set the record straight: I Love Vegas,” the president said, to applause. “Always have.” UPDATE 2/28/2010: Don Surber makes a great point about the cost to America for Obama’s Vegas Gaffes.
- Obama is Flip-Flopping on Trade with China 2/4/10 American Economic Alert reports: “The 1,900-member U.S. Business and Industry Council today urged President Obama to back up his tougher, post-Massachusetts, China trade rhetoric at yesterday’s meeting with Senate Democrats by demanding quick Congressional passage of a strong currency-manipulation bill – one in fact that he co-sponsored while running for President, but that has languished on Capitol Hill… “Obama’s failure to bring change to the China trade issues represents a campaign promise brazenly broken to fully competitive domestic manufacturers and their hard-working employees,” said Kearns. “If concrete actions – like pushing for immediate Congressional passage a strong currency bill – don’t quickly follow the President’s new-found interest in foreign anti-competitive practices and their negative impact on U.S. jobs, these companies and their workers will surely conclude that the President is playing them for fools.”
- Obama Calls for Civility at Prayer Breakfast 2/4/9 ABC News has the Obama quote: “There is a sense that something is different now, that something’s broken, that those of us in Washington are not serving the people as well as we should. At times it seems like we’re unable to listen to one another, to have at once a serious and civil debate.” Awfully hollow words from the guy who never even sat down to speak with republicans until Scott Brown won in Massachusetts. Obama blew off the National Day of Prayer last year. Now he says he’s praying a lot. That kind of change is good.
- Obama Lies About Economists & Jobs Created (AGAIN)! 2/4/9 After Team Obama dumped the whole stupid “saved or created” jobs fraud, Ed Morrissey at Hot Air asks: “So why did Obama claim to a Nashua, New Hampshire audience on Tuesday that he had “saved or created” two million jobs? (OBAMA:)“Now, if you hear some of the critics, they’ll say, well, the Recovery Act, I don’t know if that’s really worked, because we still have high unemployment,” the president said. “But what they fail to understand is that every economist, from the left and the right, has said, because of the Recovery Act, what we’ve started to see is at least a couple of million jobs that have either been created or would have been lost. The problem is, 7 million jobs were lost during the course of this recession.” (MORRISSEY:) Every economist? A good rule of thumb to consider the truthfulness of any speaker is his use of the terms always, never, none, all, and every. Those terms usually provide a key for a lie or a gap in knowledge — and (JAKE) Tapper (ABC) points out the truth: … Congressional Budget office Director Douglas Elmendorf wrote that because of the stimulus bill “in the third quarter of calendar year 2009, an additional 600,000 to 1.6 million people were employed in the United States..” But clearly other economists are much more skeptical, including Dan Mitchell at the libertarian Cato Institute, and J.D. Foster at The Heritage Foundation. Some economists say the whole notion of counting “saved or created” jobs is impossible. Harvard University labor economist Lawrence Katz told ProPublica that trying to count how many jobs have been saved or created is “a silly exercise.”
- Obama Reinvents Civil War History! 2/4/9 TownHall.com catches this one: “He opened, bizarrely, by comparing this moment in history to past American crises: “when the Union was turned back at Bull Run …” He suggested that “America prevailed because we chose to move forward as one nation, as one people.” This, of course, is unmitigated, self-serving rubbish — 620,000 Americans died in the Civil War because we didn’t move forward as one nation. But that is irrelevant to Obama — in his mind, today’s crisis is just like the Civil War. He is a modern-day Lincoln, and those who oppose him are benighted rebels. What’s more, only his powerful leadership can lead us through.”
- Obama Leaking Information to Terrorists to Save His Own Rear End! 2/4/9 NowPublic.com reports, “Sen. Christopher Bond…, sent a letter to President Obama urging him not to disseminate ” sensitive information vital to the defense of the American people.” The letter was in response to a White House briefing to reporters that Christmas Day bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab is cooperating with federal law enforcement officials. Mr. Bond said a White House briefing to reporters that details that the Nigerian man is cooperating with law enforcement has no doubt “reached the ears of our enemies abroad.” — The Washington Times says the White House response was to ask Bond to apologize.
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 13 /Appointment Scandal #98 – Melody Barnes 2/5/9 ConservativeAmerican.org has been detailing the many lobbyists working for President Obama in his “No lobbyists, I promise” administration. The Official Obama Administration Scandals List already includes the following twelve lobbyists: Leon Panetta, William Lynn, William Corr, Mark Patterson, Jocelyn Frye, Cecilia Munoz, Richard Verma, Charles Bolden, Patrick Gaspard, Naomi Walker, Islam Siddiqui, and Robin Lynn Raphel. Now the Washington Exmaniner has a piece that nearly quadruples our list! Columnist Timothy P. Carney has a detailed list of 40 lobbyists! Since the President promised no lobbyists would be making policy for him, each time he breaks the promise, we add another item to our list. Carney says Melody Barnes is one such person. She’s a director on Obama’s Domestic Policy Council and a former lobbyist for the ACLU!
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 14 /Appointment Scandal #99- Emmett Beliveau 2/5/9 Another on Columnist Timothy P. Carney’s list is White House “Deputy Assistant for Advance” Emmett Beliveau, a former PriceWaterhouse lobbyist. Carney has more information on each lobbyist in his story. Check it out! List continues below…
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 15 /Appointment Scandal #100 Cassandra Butts 2/5/9 Another on Carney’s list is White House Deputy Counsel Cassandra Butts, former lobbyist for the ultra liberal Center for American Progress(ives)…and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 16 /Appointment Scandal #101 Martha Coven 2/5/9 … White House Special Assistant and former lobbyist for the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities…and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 17 /Appointment Scandal #102 Phillip Crowley … Assistant Sec. for Public Affairs at the State Department, former lobbyist for the ultra liberal Center for American Progress(ives)…and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 18 /Appointment Scandal #103 Thomas Donilon … Deputy National Security Adviser, former lobbyist for the troubled Fannie Mae …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 19 /Appointment Scandal #104 Derek Douglas … White House Special Assistant for Urban Affairs, yet another former lobbyist for the ultra liberal Center for American Progress(ives). No Surprise there. …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 20 /Appointment Scandal #105 Gabriella Gomez
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 21 /Appointment Scandal #106 Krysta Harden 2/5/9 … Assistant Sec. at the Department of Agriculture, former lobbyist for soybean, sunflower and barley growers …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 22 /Appointment Scandal #107 Scott Harris 2/5/9 … Department of Energy Lawyer, former lobbyist for Microsoft, Cisco and Dell …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 23 /Appointment Scandal #108 David Hayes 2/5/9 … Deputy Interior Sec., former lobbyist for the utility industry …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 24 /Appointment Scandal #109 Alan Hoffman 2/5/9 … Deputy Chief of Staff for Joey Gaffe Machine Biden, former Rand Corporation lobbyist …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 25 Eric Holder (Previously Listed in Appointment Scandal) 2/5/9 … Another on Columnist Timothy P. Carney’s list is Attorney General and Terrorist Mishandler, Eric “Let ‘em Go!” Holder. Apparently he was a former lobbyist for Global Crossing …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 26 /Appointment Scandal #110 Sean Kennedy … Special Assistant at the White House, former lobbyist for AT&T …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 27 /Appointment Scandal #111 Ron Klain … Joey Biden Chief of Staff, former Time Warner lobbyist …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 28 /Appointment Scandal #112 Jon Liebowitz … FTC Chair, was a lobbyist for Hollywood liberals …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 29 /Appointment Scandal #113 Robert Litt … National Intelligence Lawyer, former lobbyist for music recording industry liberals …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 30 /Appointment Scandal #114 Demetrios Marantis … Deputy US Trade Rep, former Lucent lobbyist …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 31 /Appointment Scandal #115 Dennis McDonough … The Washington Examiner’s Timothy Carney has really done his homework. McDonough is a Special Assistant to The Baronmeister Barackmeister himself. He used to be a lobbyist for… wait for it … the ultra liberal Center for American Progress(ives). Figures …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 32 /Appointment Scandal #116 Robert Perciasepe … Deputy Commissioner of the Environmental Wacko Agency, former lobbyist for birds (as in tweet tweet) …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 33 /Appointment Scandal #117 Thomas Perrelli … You won’t believe this guy! Assistant Attorney General, Perrelli has apparently turned to the dark side of the force, having previously lobbied for survivors of Terrorist Attacks on embassies! Now he works with holder to give terrorists rights, send them to vacation paradises like Bermuda to be released, etc. …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 34 /Appointment Scandal #118 Daniel Poneman 2/5/9… Deputy Cap & Tax Czar, former lobbyist for Payless Shoes. No, I’m not making that up …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 35 /Appointment Scandal #119 Peter Rundlet … Personal Private Executive Special Assistant at the White House, used to be a lobbyist for… yawn … the wacko lefties at the Center for American Progress(ives) …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 36 /Appointment Scandal #120 Miriam Sapiro … US Trade Rep, lobbyist for VeriSign …aaaaaaaaaaand, (Phew!…getting tired here)
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 37 Kathleen Sebelius (Previously Listed as Appointment Scandal) …
Abortion Services Director Kathleen Sebelius apparently used to be a lobbyist for some Kansas lawyers according to the Washington Examiner …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 38 /Appointment Scandal #121 Susan Sher
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 39 /Appointment Scandal #122 Dana Singiser … Special Obama Assistant for Legislative Affairs (affairs politicans have with legislators), former lobbyist for mortgage companies and banks… both of which Obama hates now. Hmmmm. How can it be that he would hire her??!! …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 40 /Appointment Scandal #123 Nancy Stoner … Deputy Assistant at the EPA, former lobbyist for the Natural Resources Defense Council …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 41 /Appointment Scandal #124 Michael Strautmanis … Chief of Staff for the White House’s own Office of Intergovernmental Affairs, former lobbyist for the Socialist-Democrat-Loving Trial Lawyers …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 42 /Appointment Scandal #125 Thomas Strickland … Assistant Sec. Dept. of the Interior, former lobbyist for Amgen …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 43 /Appointment Scandal #126 Robert Sussman … EPA Lawyer, former lobbyist for big pharmaceuticals! I thought Obama hated the big, mean fat-cats who fly corporate jets and make millions in bonuses by not giving people the medicine they need to live. Hmmm. Guess not …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 44 /Appointment Scandal #127 Mona Sutphen … Another Deputy White House Chief of Staff, another former lobbyist. This one was a lobbyist for Angliss International …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 45 /Appointment Scandal #128 Michael Taylor … Deputy FDA Commissioner, former lobbyist for Monsanto — no conflict of interest there! …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 46 /Appointment Scandal #129 John Trasvina
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 47 /Appointment Scandal #130 Dan Turton … Another White House Deputy for Legislative Affairs, was a lobbyist for Chrysler (now government-and-union-owned) Freddie Mac, the American Medical Association, and Visa! — Again, no conflict of interest there (*gag*) …and,
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 48 /Appointment Scandal #131 Christine Varney … The Washington Examiner’s Timothy Carney also lists Varney as a lobbyist in his report. She is an Assistant Attorney General at the Department of Justice for Black Panthers, worked for lobbying firm of Hogan & Hartson …and, (tiring of this…any Democrats in the room still want to argue Obama keeps his promises and tells the truth? Anyone?)
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 49 /Appointment Scandal #132 Thomas Vilsack … This former Teacher’s Union lobbyist now is Secretary of the Department of Agriculture. Another payback for union pals. Another lobbyist. Another Lie. …and, (PLEASE MAKE OBAMA STOP!!)
- All The President’s Lobbyists # 50 /Appointment Scandal #133 William Wilkins
- Obama Lies About Involvement in Shady Health Care Deals! 2/4/10 John McCormack at the Washington Examiner reports, “Mary Katharine Ham notes that President Obama tells ABC:
“Let’s just clarify. I didn’t make a bunch of deals [on health care]. … There is a legislative process that is taking place in Congress and I am happy to own up to the fact that I have not changed Congress and how it operates the way I would have liked.” But the Washington Post reported on December 20 that Obama’s top aides were involved in the negotiations with Nelson: …Keenly aware how tense the talks were, the White House dispatched two aides who together have decades of experience in the Senate — Jim Messina and Peter Rouse — to work with Nelson. They relayed their intelligence to White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who monitored the talks from a dinner in Georgetown… Michelle Malkin sums it up: The unmitigated chutzpah here is so blinding that I don’t just need sunglasses to protect my eyes. I need blackout curtains. Watch President Obama blame Congress for Demcare bribery and sabotage of transparency. As if Rahm and all the senior goons in the White House weren’t twisting arms and cracking heads to ensure that the deal met their boss’s timeline. As if the Cadillac tax break for unions hadn’t been hashed out at 1600 Pennsylvania.”
- Obama Gaffe: Mispronounces Corpsman! 2/5/10 In the video, you’ll hear President Obama pronounce “Corpsman” as “Corpse-man” twice! …
- Obama Caught (AGAIN!) Sneaking Billions to ACORN! 2/5/10 From our friends at Yid with Lid (a great website): “What fun is it to be President if you can’t take care of your friends. Matthew Vadum has uncovered a special $3.83 billion slush fund the President’s new budget sent to congress yesterday. The money would come from the the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, which is part of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) $48.5 billion fiscal 2011 budget. CDBG grants, which are awarded to states and localities, then pass to groups such as ACORN.” ConservativeAmerican.org calls this the Audacity of Buying Votes!
- Transportation Secretary: Don’t Drive Your Toyota! 2/5/10 In support of Government Motors and Government-Chrysler, Obama’s Transportation Secretary urges people not to drive Toyota’s! Another reason the government should not be in the car business. Fox News: “Toyota Motor Corp. shares sank rapidly Wednesday after U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood advised in congressional testimony that people stop driving any cars involved in the Toyota recall, though the declines eased somewhat after the secretary clarified his statement… “My advice is, if anybody owns one of these vehicles, stop driving it, take it to the Toyota dealer because they believe they have the fix for it,” LaHood said. Afterwards he told reporters that wasn’t what he meant to say.”
- Obama’s Broken Education Promise 2/7/10 The Heritage Foundation: “Last March, President Obama pledged that his administration would make funding decisions based on science. It would “use only one test when deciding what ideas to support with your precious tax dollars,” he said. “It’s not whether an idea is liberal or conservative, but whether it works.” But the past year has proven otherwise. Consider Head Start, a federal program aimed at helping low-income children prepare for school – and therefore learn more… it wasn’t until the late 1990s that Congress finally mandated a national evaluation of the program to measure its effectiveness. This month, the results were finally released: Former Head Start participants were no better off than their non-Head Start peers by the end of first grade. Using random assignment, the national evaluation tracked the progress of 3- and 4-year-olds entering Head Start through the first grade. Compared to similarly situated children, access to the program failed to raise the cognitive abilities of Head Start participants. Alarmingly, access to Head Start for the 3-year-old group had a harmful effect on the teacher-assessed math ability of these children once they entered kindergarten. In the opinion of teachers, similar children who were eligible for Head Start but denied access are more prepared in math skills than those children who participated in Head Start… His administration sat on the Head Start results while President Obama was approving unprecedented increases in federal spending on preschool programs, including Head Start… President Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which included US$5 billion in additional funding for preschool. And in September, the House of Representatives approved a higher education bill, backed by President Obama, that authorizes US$8 billion for a new federal preschool program. At the same time, President Obama has let Congress kill the tiny D.C. Opportunity Scholarship program, which helps poor children attend private schools in the nation’s capital. As Congress was passing legislation to end the program, Education Secretary Arne Duncan’s Department was sitting on a similar federally mandated evaluation. When it was finally released (on a Friday afternoon in the spring), the report revealed that students receiving the scholarships had made significant academic progress compared to their peers who remained in public school.”
- Obama Flip-flop-flip-flop-flip on Trying Terrorists in New York!
- Obama’s NASA Lies! 2/7/10 Conservative Hideout reports President Obama’s new $3.8-Trillion proposed budget breaks promises he made to NASA: “these changes are not what Obama promised while on the campaign. On the campaign, he lied through his teeth, told people what they want to hear, and was deceitful about his future intentions. In August of last year, then-Senator Barack Obama detailed a comprehensive space plan that included $2 billion in new funding to reinvigorate NASA and a promise to make space exploration and science a significantly higher priority if he is elected president. Since then, he has made NASA a low priority, not even bothering to name a director for NASA for several months, and instead of increasing funding by $2 billion, NASA’s budget is going to be slashed. This is why I call him the Bizzarro President- whatever he says, you can take to the bank that he is going to do the opposite of what he says. He is a serial liar, a deceitful snake, and an untrustworthy person. His word is meaningless, and his promises worth less.”
- Obama’s Broken Marijuana Promise 2/7/10 The Chicago Sun Times reports President Obama had promised to end medical marijuana raids. He has not done so.
- Obama Gets Creepy (& Lies!) About Death of Cancer Victim from St. Louis!
- Obama Lies at Prayer Breakfast! Does this man have No Limits?! 2/7/10 From Rev. Barry Lynn writing at the ultra-liberal Huffie and the Blowfish Post: “Speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast on February 4, President Barack Obama asserted that his administration has “turned the faith-based initiative around,” implying that his policies represent a sharp break from past practices. That’s news to me. In fact, from where I’m sitting, the core of Obama’s faith-based initiative looks pretty much identical to the deeply problematic one created by President George W. Bush. A few tweaks on the margins don’t amount to real change. One year after Obama announced his version of the faith-based office, civil rights and civil liberties groups such as mine are still fighting Bush-era battles over tax funding to religious groups that proselytize, job discrimination on religious grounds in public programs and lack of accountability. It’s disheartening.” — ConservativeAmerican.org: Ouch. Sounds like the lefties are mad!
- Obama Spends $2.5-Mill of Taxpayer Money on Superbowl Ad 2/7/10 – I thought Obama said the government needed to tighten its budget belt? Fox News reports, “Taxpayers might want to pay close attention to this Sunday’s Super Bowl broadcast or they’ll miss Uncle Sam’s 30-second, $2.5-million reminder to stand up and be counted. That’s what the Census Bureau paid CBS to get their message notched somewhere between a National Lampoon reprisal, a weird dude with big glasses, a beer-can house and men without pants. And, that’s just a fraction of what the bureau plans to spend this year to get Americans to answer a simple, 10-question survey. The bureau is spending $133 million between January and May… “
- Axelrod’s Hypocrisy is Showing! 2/7/10 From Norvell Rose at RenewAmerica: “Sometimes, a Washington whopper is just too big and juicy to resist. It absolutely begs to have a bite taken out of it. Such is the case with the interview David Axelrod gave during the most recent edition of the NBC News show Meet the Press… Here’s what Axelrod said to Gregory: “One of the things that we face, David, and one of the things the American people recognize is that we have too much influence of special interests in the decision making here in, in Washington.” …Need we remind Mr. Axelrod of the President’s special interest relationship with unions — SEIU, the Teamsters, the UAW? Need we remind Obama’s Special Apologist, uh, Adviser of another recent dustup — the one involving the sweetheart deal for loyal union members negotiated into the so-called “health care reform” legislation? Need we remind the Axe-man of the President’s meaningless pledge to keep registered lobbyists at bay, all the while reserving honored seats at the presidential power table for campaign contributors?” UPDATE 2/8/10:From the Washington Times: “Contrary to President Obama’s promises, voters say special interests have more influence on the political process now than they did a year ago, according to a new poll. The poll, paid for by groups looking to curb the Supreme Court’s recent campaign finance ruling, found that majorities of both Republicans and Democrats say special interests have increased their influence since the president took office, and they say Mr. Obama has not done enough to fight back.”
- Brennan’s FBI Lie on Meet the Press 2/8/10 From author
Marc Thiessen at National Review Online: “Obama counterterrorism adviser John Brennan lashed out at Republicans for daring to criticize the Obama administration’s bungling of the interrogation of Abdulmutallab, the Christmas bomber — and said Republicans should have known he would automatically be Mirandized once the FBI began questioning him. Brennan claimed that he spoke with four Republicans on Christmas night — Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, Kit Bond, and Pete Hoekstra — and told them that Mr. Abdulmutallab “was in F.B.I. custody” and that they should have understood that “F.B.I. custody” meant reading Miranda rights in a civilian process. “None of those individuals raised any concerns with me at that point,” Brennan said. The problem with Brennan’s claim? As I point out in Courting Disaster, just a few months earlier, the Obama administration announced that its new FBI-led “High-Value Interrogation Group” (HIG) would not necessarily Mirandize suspects it was questioning.”
- Obama’s Lawsuit Reform Lie 2/8/10 – Obama told congress last September, “Many in this chamber — particularly on the Republican side of the aisle — have long insisted that reforming our medical malpractice laws can help bring down the cost of health care,” Obama said. “Now, I don’t believe malpractice reform is a silver bullet, but I’ve talked to enough doctors to know that defensive medicine may be contributing to unnecessary costs. So I’m proposing that we move forward on a range of ideas about how to put patient safety first and let doctors focus on practicing medicine. I know that the Bush administration considered authorizing demonstration projects in individual states to test these ideas. I think it’s a good idea, and I’m directing my Secretary of Health and Human Services to move forward on this initiative today.” – However, Republican Congressman Darrell Issa says that never happened! From the Liberal Huff-n-Puff Post: “An Issa staffer attempted to get some information from HHS about malpractice reform and was told that tort reform “is not a priority with this Administration,” Issa charged. “The first question I have for President Obama is if he still stands by his call for tort reform or was he just lying to Congress when he directed Sec. Sebelius to pursue an initiative addressing the costs of defensive medicine,” Issa asked. “When HHS is telling me that malpractice reform is not a ‘priority of this Administration,’ I have to question the sincerity of the President’s commitment to working with Congressional Republicans on a bipartisan basis.”
- Obama Press Secretary Acts Like a Two-Year-Old! 2/8/10 Robert Baby Boy Gibbs showed up a press conference today with words written on his hands… an effort to make fun of Sarah Palin writing notes on her hand over the weekend. Gibbs apparently has forgotten the fact that his boss can’t speak without a teleprompter. Also, is this the kind of behavior we want to see from the White House? People acting like little two-year-olds? If Obama is the “man-child” president, then Gibbs is his baby boy press spinster.
- Obama Flip-Flops on Executive Fat Cat Bonuses! 2/10/10 – Rush Limbaugh brings this point home on his radio show today. Bloomberg interviewed Obama who said the multi-million-dollar bonuses going to Obama pals at Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan are okay. Hmmm. He used to be against such things! Obama’s Gaffes website puts it this way, “President Barack Obama said he doesn’t “begrudge” the $17 million bonus awarded to JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon or the $9 million issued to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. CEO Lloyd Blankfein, noting that some athletes take home more pay. Ah! how many times Obama will morph until he will be courageous enough to show his true face! maybe he does not have any “true” face! ……hmmmm” – More here from Couric-BS News. Hot Air says President Obama’s statements are like Miller Beer now: they have “Expiration Dates!” Funny, but sadly true.
- Obama’s Drillgate! 2/10/10 From Sarah Palin and Vince Haley at Big Government: “In April of 2009, during a discussion about offshore exploration in San Francisco, Salazar said that President Obama directed him to “to make sure that we have an open and transparent government” and that “these are not decisions that are going to be made behind closed doors.” Salazar went on to say that President Obama wanted to make sure that DOI was “maximizing the opportunity for the public to give us guidance on what it is that they want to do.” Yet, more than four months after the comment period ended, the Department of the Interior has failed to make any public announcement about the results, even though sources have told American Solutions for months the comments show a 2-1 advantage in support of offshore drilling… (Then) In an email dated October 27, 2009, Liz Birnbaum, director of the Minerals Management Service, informs other Interior officials that a preliminary tabulation of the results of the comment period had not yet gone to Secretary Salazar, adding “[s]o the Secretary can honestly say in response to any questions that he’s [SIC] has not yet seen the analysis of the comments – staff is still working on it. I did, however, confirm to him the 2-1 split that these guys [at American Solutions] are emphasizing.” When a public employee is on record condoning purposeful deception of the American people, the taxpayer should no longer have to fund his or her job. Secretary Salazar should immediately fire Liz Birnbaum for purposefully deceiving him, and in turn, the American people.” From Sarah Palin: “it’s astonishing that the Obama administration is dragging its feet on offshore drilling at a time when we’re so desperate for economic recovery and jobs. It’s no surprise that an overwhelming majority of Americans support offshore drilling: it will provide… good jobs and billions in revenue, and… reduc(e) our dependence on foreign oil. Mr. President, we appreciate you asking for our input. We’ve provided it, so thank you for accepting it. With no time to waste, it’s time to listen to the American people – finally – and drill, baby, drill! – Sarah Palin.”
- Obama’s Hypocrisy on Giving Terrorists Miranda Rights! 2/10/10 Yid with Lid and Hot Air catch this blazing hypocrisy: “We are talking about the man who told 60 minutes that he opposed giving terrorists Miranda rights, and then allowed his Attorney General to “Mirandize” the underwear bomber.”
- Obama Flip Flops on Senatorial “Holds” 2/10/10 Yid with Lid explains: “Senate rules allow members to place a hold on nominees to block the candidate from being considered,for any reason. Such holds are often placed privately, making it exceedingly difficult for those outside the Senate to track their use, and they can be a powerful tool to influence the executive branch. The recent “hold” controversy surrounded Senator DeMint’s hold on the President’s nominee to head the TSA Erroll Southers. DeMint’s hold was justified based on his abuse of power when he was in the FBI, lying about it to the Senate, weak stance on terrorism, and his desire to unionize the agency… (February 3rd, Obama said:) “We’ve got a huge backlog of folks who are unanimously viewed as well qualified — nobody has a specific objection to them — but end up having a hold on them because of some completely unrelated piece of business.” …In 2005, a year after his election to the Senate, Obama placed a hold on Susan Bodine to lead the Environmental Protection Agency office that oversees Superfund and emergency cleanup programs because the agency had missed a deadline on new regulations for lead paint exposure. In September 2006, Obama and Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) blocked Robert L. Wilkie’s nomination as a Defense Department assistant secretary over a long-delayed Pentagon report on Midwestern wind farms. And Obama joined with other Democrats in October 2007 to block the nomination of Hans von Spakovsky to the Federal Election Commission. Von Spakovsky later withdrew; Wilkie and Bodine were eventually confirmed. Asked about Obama’s use of holds, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said, “The president respects the right of senators to express concern about the qualifications or suitability of a nominee, but there is an unacceptable pattern of Republicans using parliamentary moves to anonymously block noncontroversial nominees . . . in order to slow down progress on important issues.” (Yid with Lid concludes:) You see, HIS holds were justified, just like HIS filibuster of Judge Roberts was justified. In truth, you can’t trust much of what the man says.”
- Obama Breaks Promise Not To Raise Taxes on Those Earning Less Than $250,000 A Year! (AGAIN!)- Also Open to Medicare and Medicaid Cuts! 2/11/10 For the sake of the nation (*insert gagging sounds here*), Barack Hugo Obama may have to break his promise not to raise your taxes, “Not One Dime!” The New York Times: “President Obama, still seeking to get Congressional Republicans to join in a bipartisan commission to reduce the federal debt, suggested he would be willing to break his campaign promise against raising taxes on households with less than $250,000 annual income. “The whole point of it is to make sure that all ideas are on the table,” the president said in the interview on Tuesday with Bloomberg BusinessWeek that the publication released online today. That included not only tax increases, he added, but also spending on the popular government health programs, Medicare and Medicaid, whose fast-growing costs are driving the projections of unsustainable annual deficits in coming years. “What I can’t do is to set the thing up where a whole bunch of things are off the table,” Mr. Obama said. “Some would say we can’t look at entitlements. There are going to be some that say we can’t look at taxes, and pretty soon, you just can’t solve the problem.” – Oh, Gosh, we are lucky to have him as our President. He’s willing to work so hard and even go back on his promise just to help us! Excuse me while I go throw up.
- Biden Gives The Obama-Biden Administration Credit for The Iraq War Going Well!!! 2/11/10 From the WizBang blog: “I think Old Saint Joe Biden has a bit of snow on the brain. In an interview on Larry King Alive this past Wednesday, the Vice President of these here States United was asked of his current assessment of Iraq. ‘I am very optimistic about — about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You’re going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You’re going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.’ …Uh, what was that again? “I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration.”
Good grief. The Obama administration and the Democratic party have used Iraq as a constant bludgeoning tool toward Bush and most any other Republican supportive of the action in Iraq since it became en vogue within liberal punditry and media circles to do so.” — Even the Canada Free Press laughs at this nonsense!
- Obama Just Makes Things Up! 2/12/2010 Hugh Hewitt catches this ridiculous lie: “Today President Obama told Senate Democrats that they had faced “enormous procedural obstacles that are unprecedented.. You had to cast more votes to break filibusters last year than in the entire 1950s and 1960s combined. That’s 20 years of obstruction jammed into just one.” This is astonishing. A filibuster is the successful use of 41 or more votes to prevent the closing of debate. There wasn’t a single filibuster in 2009. Not one. The president will say anything to advance a narrative that makes him a victim of obstruction. Hot Air also reported on this story.
- Even Democrats Don’t Believe Obama & His Legacy of Lies Anymore! 2/14/2010 – Real Clear Politics reports, “He says ‘I’m for clean coal,’ and then he says it in his speeches, but he doesn’t say it in here,” said Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia. “And he doesn’t say it in the minds of my own people. And he’s beginning to not be believable to me.”
- Even More Obama “No Tax Increase” Lies – # 1! 2/14/2010 – Author John Lott and Reuters News report there are numerous ways President Obama continues to break his no tax increase promise…yes, even on those making less than $250,000 a year. First on their list: “If the provisions are allowed to expire on December 31, the top-tier personal income tax rate will rise to 39.6 percent from 35 percent. But lower-income families will pay more as well: the 25 percent tax bracket will revert back to 28 percent; the 28 percent bracket will increase to 31 percent; and the 33 percent bracket will increase to 36 percent. The special 10 percent bracket is eliminated.” — and, …
- Even More Obama “No Tax Increase” Lies – # 2! 2/14/2010 – Author John Lott and Reuters News also report “Investors will pay more on their earnings next year as well, with the tax on dividends jumping to 39.6 percent from 15 percent and the capital-gains tax increasing to 20 percent from 15 percent. The estate tax is eliminated this year, but it will return in 2011 — though there has been talk about reinstating the death tax sooner.” — and,…
- Even More Obama “No Tax Increase” Lies – # 3! 2/14/2010 – …”Millions of middle-class households already may be facing higher taxes in 2010 because Congress has failed to extend tax breaks that expired on January 1, most notably a “patch” that limited the impact of the alternative minimum tax. The AMT, initially designed to prevent the very rich from avoiding income taxes, was never indexed for inflation. Now the tax is affecting millions of middle-income households, but lawmakers have been reluctant to repeal it because it has become a key source of revenue. Without annual legislation to renew the patch this year, the AMT could affect an estimated 25 million taxpayers with incomes as low as $33,750 (or $45,000 for joint filers). Even if the patch is extended to last year’s levels, the tax will hit American families that can hardly be considered wealthy — the AMT exemption for 2009 was $46,700 for singles and $70,950 for married couples filing jointly.” — and,…
- Even More Obama “No Tax Increase” Lies – # 4! 2/14/2010 – …”Middle-class families also will find fewer tax breaks available to them in 2010 if other popular tax provisions are allowed to expire. Among them: * Taxpayers who itemize will lose the option to deduct state sales-tax payments instead of state and local income taxes; * The $250 teacher tax credit for classroom supplies; * The tax deduction for up to $4,000 of college tuition and expenses; * Individuals who don’t itemize will no longer be able to increase their standard deduction by up to $1,000 for property taxes paid; (and)* The first $2,400 of unemployment benefits are taxable, in 2009 that amount was tax-free.” — Read more at John Lott’s website by clicking here. It doesn’t matter though. UPDATE 2/15/2010: Even the liberal Huffington Post says 88% of Americans don’t believe Obama’s lie about not raising taxes on those making less than $250,000 a year!
- Brennan: 20% of Released Terrorists Returning to Terrorism “Isn’t that Bad!” 2/15/2010 John Brennan put his foot in it again over the weekend saying that when “only” one in five released terrorists goes back to terrorism, that’s not that bad! The Weekly Standard: “Brennan again cited the 20 percent figure, but downplayed its significance. “People sometimes use that figure, 20 percent, say ‘Oh my goodness, one out of five detainees returned to some type of extremist activity,’” Jake Tapper of ABC News quotes Brennan as saying. “You know, the American penal system, the recidivism rate is up to something about 50 percent or so, as far as return to crime. Twenty percent isn’t that bad,” Brennan added.
- Biden Repeats Obama Error: Guarantees KSM Conviction! 2/15/2010 – Biden said on Meet the Press, “He will be convicted.” Having a goal of showing the world a “fair” trial seems to fall apart when both Obama and Biden guarantee a conviction…
- Obama Budget Ends U.S. in Space- We Can’t Even Launch Satelites! 2/15/2010 – Charles Krauthammer at the Washington Post: “…the Obama 2011 budget kills Constellation. Instead, we shall have nothing. For the first time since John Glenn flew in 1962, the United States will have no access of its own for humans into space — and no prospect of getting there in the foreseeable future. Of course, the administration presents the abdication as a great leap forward: Launching humans will be turned over to the private sector, while NASA’s efforts will be directed toward landing on Mars. This is nonsense. It would be swell for private companies to take over launching astronauts. But they cannot do it. It’s too expensive. It’s too experimental. And the safety standards for getting people up and down reliably are just unreachably high… Obama’s NASA budget perfectly captures the difference in spirit between Kennedy’s liberalism and Obama’s. Kennedy’s was an expansive, bold, outward-looking summons. Obama’s is a constricted, inward-looking call to retreat. Fifty years ago, Kennedy opened the New Frontier. Obama has just shut it. “
- Obama Breaking Executive Orders Promise! 2/15/2010 Prison Planet reports Obama is breaking yet another key campaign promise: “In the face of rapidly growing populist anger, the Obama administration has signaled that it will fall back on a form of power well known to all successful dictators – rule by decree – and that Obama will use the very instrument he campaigned against to ram through the new world order agenda – Executive Orders, and lots of them. “With much of his legislative agenda stalled in Congress, President Obama and his team are preparing an array of actions using his executive power to advance energy, environmental, fiscal and other domestic policy priorities,” reports the New York Times. Despite the fact that Obama campaigned on the platform of eliminating abuse of executive powers which occurred under Bush, he is on course to pass more executive orders than Bush did during his eight years in the White House.
During a May 2008 campaign event in Colorado, Obama promised to “not use signing statements as a way of doing an end run around Congress,” and yet the administration’s announcement that they will use not merely signing statements, but wholesale Executive Orders, as a means of enforcing what Congress refuses to pass, is exactly that – an end run around the Constitution.”
- Obama Poised to Break Promise to Native Americans over Wind Power! 2/15/2010 The Cape Cod Times: “Gov. Deval Patrick is now pressing President Obama to break this promise and to ignore the federal rights of the Aquinnah and Mashpee Indian tribes… Chairman Wendsler Nosie of the San Carlos Apache Tribe wrote to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar asking him to honor tribal religious cultural rights in Nantucket Sound, explaining that the Wampanoag people of Massachusetts are no different from native people across America who hope to forge ahead with President Obama, away from the broken promises of American history. Chairman Nosie compared wind turbines to mining, asking what more will America demand of her land and of her native people who still must fight for respect, and for freedom of religion and justice? Tribal religious cultural rights became a matter of national concern because the United States neglected to perform its legal duty to the Aquinnah and Mashpee tribes in the review of Cape Wind, and because Massachusetts chose to adopt a hard line against tribal concerns and against the concerns of others who care deeply about Nantucket Sound. Whatever the reason, Cape Wind is now symbolic of more than just energy independence and sustainability.”
- Gaffe-tastic Joey Biden: Always Knew Surge Would Work!
- Democrat Senator Says Obama Lied About Job Creation! 2/16/2010 Retiring U.S. Senator Evan Bayh, Democrat (IN), says if he creates one single job in the private sector after he leaves the Senate, it will be one more job than the government has created in the last six months! So Bayh admits the Stimulus/Porkulus bill has not created even one job! This also makes Bayh the latest to, in effect, shout “You Lie!”
- Obama Appointment Scandal # 134 – Rashad Hussain (White House Tosses Hussain’s Daughter Under the Bus!!) 2/16/2010 Fox News reports: “Obama’s new envoy to the Organization of Islamic Conference, Rashad Hussain, is at the center of a controversy over remarks attributed to him defending a man who later pleaded guilty to conspiring to aid a terrorist group. The Washington Report on Middle East Affairs quoted Hussain in 2004 as calling Sami al-Arian the victim of “politically motivated persecutions” after al-Arian, a university professor, was charged in 2003 with heading U.S. operations of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The United States has designated the Palestinian Islamic Jihad as a foreign terrorist group as far back as 1997. At the time of al-Arian’s arrest, then Attorney General John Ashcroft called it “one of the most violent terrorist organizations in the world.” Al-Arian pleaded guilty in 2006 to conspiracy to aid Palestinian Islamic Jihad and was sentenced to more than four years in prison. The White House says the controversial remarks defending al-Arian two years earlier were made by his daughter — not by Hussain. Both were part of a panel discussion at a Muslim Students Association conference, but the reporter covering the event told Fox News she stands by the quotes she attributed to Hussain, who was a Yale Law student and an editor of the Yale Law Journal.” — Tons more detail here from Thoughts of A Conservative Christian. UPDATE 2/20/2010: He only felt bad for blaming his daughter after Politico came up with a tape!!! Big Government reports: “Hussain, changed course Friday – admitting he made sharply critical statements about a U.S. terror prosecution against a Muslim professor after initially saying he had no recollection of making such comments. “I made statements on that panel that I now recognize were ill-conceived or not well-formulated,” Hussain said, referring to a 2004 conference where he discussed the case. Hussain’s reversal came after POLITICO obtained a recording of his presentation to a Muslim students’ conference in Chicago, where he can be heard portraying the government’s cases towards professor Sami Al-Arian, as well as other Muslim terrorism suspects, as “politically motivated persecutions.” UPDATE 2/26/2010: Marc Lynch at Foreign Policy says Hussain is being trashed unfairly. UPDATE 3/2/2010: The American Thinker says Hussain has ties to Cassandra (‘s Nice) Butts (See appointment scandal above dated 2/5/2010) and the Soros-funded Center for American Progress-ives.
- Biden on Stimulus Plan – The BIG Lie! 2/17/2010 The Patriot Post: “The BIG Lie: (Biden) “Absolutely. But I don’t think they realize it…. The job creating portions are really loaded at the second half here…. They have gotten their money’s worth [out of the $787 billion stimulus].” –Vice President Joe Biden, when asked if taxpayers “got their bang from the buck from the stimulus.” Rush Limbaugh compares this Big Lie to Adolf Hitler’s Big Lie…
UPDATE 2/20/2010: From the GOP…
- Obama Breaks Promise to End Subsidy Payments to “Passive Farmers: 2/17/2010 The Rural Blog reports, “President Obama has done some things to help rural America, but he has failed to follow through on a central promise of his campaign’s rural agenda, writes Chuck Hassebrook for the Nebraska-based Center for Rural Affairs. In Iowa in October 2007, Obama outlined his rural platform, including “pledging immediate action to close loopholes by limiting payments to active farmers who work the land and their landlords,” Hassebrook writes. “Last month the Obama administration joined its predecessors in failing to act by releasing regulations that continue this gaping loophole,” by allowing otherwise passive investors to count as active farmers if they participate in conference calls about the operation. Hassebrook, who was apparently considered for a post in the Department of Agriculture, characterizes the decision as not just a forgotten campaign promise, but a dismissal of the “centerpiece of Obama’s rural policy and his central message to rural America about the kind of change he offered.” He gives Obama credit for preventing “payment limitation rules from hurting smaller farmers who receive payment far below the limit,” but says the president would be well served to return to his other rural commitments.
- Obama’s ACORN Hiding True Use of Donations & Tax Dollars 2/20/2010 From the great website, Yid with Lid: “According to a new report issued by the House Oversight Committee,… the relationship between ACORN and the SEIU remains strong and in fact, represents a criminal conspiracy. The latest report contains documents that confirms previous findings that ACORN is responsible for thousands of fraudulent voter registrations across the country and has used taxpayer money to support a partisan political agenda. “Committee investigators have identified hundreds of ACORN bank accounts, shell organizations incorporated under different sections of the Internal Revenue code, and even an ACORN controlled accounting firm (Citizens Consulting Inc.) that helps ACORN obscure the true use of charitable donations and taxpayer funds,” reads the report, titled “Follow the Money: ACORN, SEIU and their Political Allies… Documents and testimony from ACORN whistleblowers reveal that ACORN activities — despite contentions that they are intended to help the poor — fulfill a more self-serving and political purpose for ACORN. Perceptions that ACORN is a charitable organization are simply wrong, and part of ACORN’s efforts to deceive the American people,” (Rep. Darrell) Issa said in a written statement. “ACORN is a political machine that uses a complex corporate web, connections to the SEIU, and powerful political allies to break laws in pursuit of a partisan agenda. This report shines more disinfecting sunlight on ACORN’s secretive methods of abusing taxpayer funds and charitable donations,” he added.”
- Obama’s Big ACORN Lie! 2/20/2010 On this YouTube video Obama says in one interview that he has very little ties with ACORN, while in another interview he says he has very close ties to ACORN…
Glenn Beck has his own thoughts on this latest Obama lie.
- Obama’s Health Summit Lie! 2/20/2010 While trying to tell the media that he wants to meet with both parties to craft a bipartisan health reform plan, the President is not-so-secretly planning to use what democrats called “The Nuclear Option” when Republicans were in charge. Now that the Obamanator is in power, going “nuclear” by using “reconciliation” is okay again. Hypocrisy! From Fox News: “President Obama is working on health care legislation intended to reconcile differences between House and Senate Democrats that could be attached to a budget bill and avoid a Republican filibuster, according to a published report. The president’s proposal, which is still being written, will be posted on the Internet by Monday morning, senior administration officials and Congressional aides told the New York Times. By piggybacking the legislation onto a budget bill, Democrats would be able to advance the bill with a simple majority of just 51 votes, averting a Republican filibuster in the Senate.”
- Obama White House May Be In Trouble Over Bribery Scandal!! 2/22/2010 From Jeffrey Lord at the American Spectator comes this bomb shell: “Whoever solicits or receives … any….thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.” — 18 USC Sec. 211 — Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office. “In the face of a White House denial, U.S. Rep. Joe Sestak stuck to his story yesterday that the Obama administration offered him a “high-ranking” government post if he would not run against U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania’s Democratic primary.” — Philadelphia Inquirer February 19, 2010 “D.C. job alleged as attempt to deter Romanoff” –Denver Post September 27, 2009
A bombshell has just exploded in the 2010 elections. For the second time in five months, the Obama White House is being accused — by Democrats — of offering high ranking government jobs in return for political favors. What no one is reporting is that this is a violation of federal law that can lead to prison time, a fine or both, according to Title 18, Chapter 11, Section 211 of the United States Code. The jobs in question? Secretary of the Navy and a position within the U.S. Agency for International Development. The favor requested in return? Withdrawal from Senate challenges to two sitting United States Senators, both Democrats supported by President Obama. The Senators are Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania and Michael Bennet in Colorado.” Members of Team Obama heading to prison??
- Obama Still Air Raiding Villages and Killing Civilians! – The Latest in the Obama Apology Tour
- Obamedia Ignores Number Killed Under “The One!” 2/23/2010 The Obama-Media (Obamedia) completely failed to cover the news this month when the 500th soldier died under the Command of President Barack Obama. His name was John A. Reiners. It happened ten days ago. No coverage on NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC… or even Fox! When the “Bush Death Count” hit 500 the media was salvating and practically threw a party with its coverage of the “historic” figure. With Obama… que crickets chirping. ONLY ConservativeAmerican.org has covered this story. The ObaMedia is not interested in the “Obama Death Count!”
- Obama Administration Covering for Goldman Sachs? 2/23/2010 Bloomberg.com is reporting that Goldman Sachs “minted” most of the bad real estate investments that got AIG in trouble and that Timothy Geithner helped them to hide that information. Geithner, now Obama’s Treasury Secretary, is a former Goldman employee as is his chief of staff, Mark Patterson. Geithner also used to run the New York Federal Reserve Bank. Bloomberg: “When a congressional panel convened a hearing on the government rescue of American International Group Inc. in January, the public scolding of Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner got the most attention. Lawmakers said the former head of the New York Federal Reserve Bank had presided over a backdoor bailout of Wall Street firms and a coverup… Representative Darrell Issa,…placed into the hearing record a five-page document itemizing the mortgage securities on which banks such as Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Societe Generale SA had bought $62.1 billion in credit-default swaps from AIG. These were the deals that pushed the insurer to the brink of insolvency — and were eventually paid in full at taxpayer expense. The New York Fed, which secretly engineered the bailout, prevented the full publication of the document for more than a year, even when AIG wanted it released.” author and former investment banker William Cohan told Bloomberg the Obama Administration has obstructed a proper accounting of what went wrong in the financial crisis. More from Bloomberg: “The public can now see for the first time how poorly the securities performed, with losses exceeding 75 percent of their notional value in some cases. Compounding this, the document and Bloomberg data demonstrate that the banks that bought the swaps from AIG are mostly the same firms that underwrote the CDOs in the first place. The banks should have to explain how they managed to buy protection from AIG primarily on securities that fell so sharply in value… Professor James Cox of Duke University School of Law says: “They may have been trying to shield Goldman — for Goldman’s sake or out of macro concerns that another investment bank would be at risk.” — ConservativeAmerican.org points out there are a bunch of Goldman Sachs pals of Barack Obama and Timothy Geithner who now work for the Obama Administration. They include: Adam Storch, Neel Kashkari, Geithner himself, Mark Patterson, Gary Gensler, Gene Sperling, and Jide Zeitlin. See related Scandals; “2010 State of Obama # 18 – More Bank Bashing! 1/27/2010″, “Obama-Nopoulos Interview Error #11 – Lie About Special Interests and Lobbyists 1/20/10,” and “Obama’s Administration, brought to you by Goldman Sachs 10/21/9.”
- Obama’s “Gitmo Appointees!” – Appointment Scandals # 135-143 2/23/2010 The New York Post is reporting that President Obama has nine employees working for him in the Department of Justice who either represented or advocated on behalf of, terrorists at the Guantanamo Bay Prison! Jennifer Fermino reports that Eric Holder wrote to Republican Senator Charles Grassley: “”To the best of our knowledge, during their employment prior to joining the government, only five of the lawyers who serve as political appointees in those components represented detainees,” said Holder in the letter, which is dated Feb. 18. “Four others either contributed to amicus briefs in detainee-related cases or were otherwise involved in advocacy on behalf of detainees.” Holder refused to reveal the names of any of the DOJ lawyers who worked on behalf of terrorists or their positions in the department, except for two officials whose advocacy for Gitmo detainees had already been reported. Neal Katyal, the department’s principal deputy solicitor general, was once the lawyer for Osama bin Laden’s driver. Jennifer Daskal, part of Obama’s Detention Policy Task Force, advocated for detainees at Human Rights Watch.” — ConservativeAmerican.org notes Holder himself was involved in the pardons of 16 Puerto Rican terrorists. The law firm Holder worked for at the time of his appointment represented 17 Gitmo Detainees. How much money will all these lawyers make if Obama shuts down Gitmo and these men go free? UPDATE 3/19/10: The LA Times calls this scandal a “silly smear.”
- Obama’s Fake and Staged ObamaCare Nightmare Summit! 2/24/2010 The fake healthcare summit today produced only one result: It gave Socialist-Democrats the chance to say the nasty Republicans just aren’t cooperating so they will simply have to do it all on their own! Politico says the Socialist-Democrats will start going Nuclear on Monday. Politico says, “After a brief period of consultation following the White House health reform summit, congressional Democrats plan to begin making the case next week for a massive, Democrats-only health care plan, party strategists told POLITICO. A Democratic official said the six-hour summit was expected to “give a face to gridlock, in the form of House and Senate Republicans.” Democrats plan to begin rhetorical, and perhaps legislative, steps toward the Democrats-only, or reconciliation, process early next week, the strategists said.
-1/31/2010 Some members of the Progressive-Socialist Teachers Unions are simply out of control! They think they can do anything and get away with it. They view it as a job duty to make sure kids grow up as Progressive-Socialist-Democrats. Pamela Geller breaks this story at BigGovernment and AtlasShrugs.com: “An Atlas reader, Chuck, has a student in the eleventh grade in an Ohio High School. Her government class passed out this propaganda recruiting paper so students could sign up as interns for Obama’s Organizing for America (OFA is the former mybarackobama.com site.) Obama is using our public school system to recruit for his Alinsky-inspired private army. Organizing for America is (and I quote) recruiting in our high schools to “build on the movement that elected President Obama by empowering students across the country to help us bring about our agenda” …………of national socialism. The Ohio High School is Perry Local in Massillon, Ohio. This is incredible. And evil.”
2/1/2010 From Michelle Malkin writes,: “In his State of the Union Address, President Obama purported to reach across the aisle by endorsing a “new generation of safe, clean nuclear power plants”…before pushing cap and trade. The nearly $4 trillion budget he released today exposes his nuclear lie. It zeroes out funds for the besieged Yucca Mountain nuclear storage facility in Nevada… Energy Secretary Steven Chu and eco-czar Carol Browner are also dancing on Yucca’s grave — and will oversee a toothless new panel to come up with something better. Paralysis by analysis… The budget includes loan guarantees of more than $54 billion for nuclear energy firms — but the feds haven’t approved a new application for a reactor in more than two decades. False hope, chump change.” — More here from the American Thinker. ConservativeAmerican.org notes Obama is allowing the expansion of one existing nuclear facility in Texas. UPDATE 5/17/2010: Obama’s Broken Yucca Mountain Promise is hurting other states, like Washington.
2/1/2010 Newsmax reports, “Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, told the president… “you stood up before the American people multiple times and said you would broadcast the healthcare debates on C-SPAN, you didn’t.” Obama answered Chaffetz by saying, “Look, the truth of the matter is that if you look at the healthcare process, just over the course of the year, overwhelmingly the majority of it actually was on C-SPAN, because it was taking place in congressional hearings in which you guys were participating. I mean, how many committees were there that helped to shape this bill? Countless hearings took place.” The president seemed to be saying… what he really meant was “congressional hearings.” The trouble with that claim is that congressional hearings have been televised by C-SPAN for many years… Obama made it clear repeatedly that what he was promising in opening the process governing the formulation of healthcare legislation was something new – letting the public in on what would usually be private negotiations…”
ALL THE PRESIDENT’S LOBBYISTS!!!
… Assistant Sec. at Arne Duncan’s Chicago-style Department of Education, former lobbyist for the TEACHER’S UNION!!!!! Gosh, no conflict there, eh?! …and,
2/5/9 … First Lady Michelle Obama’s “First Lady,” lobbyist for University of Chicago Hospitals where Michelle used to work …and,
… Assistant HUD Sec., former lobbyist for the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund …and, (OMG! There are still more?! Didn’t Obama promise not to have lobbyists in policy making roles?!! Yes, yes he did.)
… IRS Lawyer, was lobbyist for Swiss Bankers. Wait…I thought Obama hated bankers? Hypocrite! …and THAT”S IT… for now. Thank God! Please visit this link for more information on these 37 new lobbyists! UPDATE 2/12/2010: Newsweek, however, points out that maybe its just not “fair” to judge a President on how many promises he breaks!!! Sweetness & Light thinks Newsweek is pretty amusing!
2/8/10 The President and his Attorney General, Eric Holder, have flip flopped so many times on this issue, I can’t even keep it straight. FitsNews.com reported in November that the Obama administration had flipped and decided to hold the trials in New York after all. Giving in to public pressure, FitsNews says by the end of January, the administration had flopped back saying the trials would NOT be in New York. Then…don’t feel bad, we get confused too… on February 7th Couric-BS news asked Obama if his administration still planned to hold the trial in New York City. Obama replied, “I have not ruled it out.” — Only to flip again an instant later, playing both sides of every issue again, and adding, “If you’ve got a city that is saying ‘no’ and a police department that’s saying ‘no’ and a mayor that’s saying ‘no,’ that makes it difficult.”
2/7/10 From Fausta’s blog: “(OBAMA:) ‘I got a letter — I got a note today from one of my staff — they forwarded it to me — from a woman in St. Louis who had been part of our campaign, very active, who had passed away from breast cancer. She didn’t have insurance. She couldn’t afford it, so she had put off having the kind of exams that she needed. And she had fought a tough battle for four years. All through the campaign she was fighting it, but finally she succumbed to it. And she insisted she’s going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt.’ Plweeeez! I respect her decision to be buried in anything she best chose, but must Obama tell us about it? And not even bother mention her by name – Melanie Shouse? The Lonely Conservative points out that Melanie Shouse had insurance, She had delayed going to a doctor after she began to feel sick. She explained that she could only afford so-called “catastrophic” insurance — one that required her to pay $5,000 in deductibles before the insurance kicked in. My heart goes out to her family, but to say she didn’t have health insurance is a lie.” — ConservativeAmerican.org: Rush Limbaugh also blasted Obama for this very odd behavior. It’s all about Obama. She wanted to be buried in his t-shirt… that’s the important thing to Obama. He’s certainly full of himself!
2/15/2010 Nice Deb reports: “Biden said he never once doubted that a surge in troops would “help settle things down”???… Naked Emperor News video exposes Biden’s shameless b.s. According to Sheriff Joe, we would have been airlifting troops off of buildings in the Green Zone if we had persisted with the surge. Well, we did persist, and all of the dire predictions Democrats like Biden and Obama made, never happened. In fact, the opposite happened – things “settled down”, enough to bring them home on the Bush administration’s scheduled timetable, which of course, Biden has had the gall to call one of the great achievements of the Obama administration.”
2/23/2010 “Critical of President George W. Bush, then Senator Barack Obama said the U.S. is “just air-raiding villages and killing civilians.” He promised to be all Hopey Changey. He promised something different. Yet Obama has continued to air raid villages and kill civilians. In fact, General Stanley McChrystal is taking to the Afghan television to continue Obama’s apology tour and say he is sorry for recent civilian deaths. Fox News reports, “In the video, translated into the Afghan languages of Dari and Pashto on a NATO Web site, a stern Gen. Stanley McChrystal apologizes for the strike in central Uruzgan province that Afghan officials say killed at least 21 people.”
On 9/4/11, ConservativeAmerican.org discontinued the list. It was simply too much work to keep up with all of the Team Obama lies and broken promises. And, the majority of voters were not even willing to listen to the truth about Obama. As history taught us, President Obama was easily reelected in 2012. People still believed the “If you like you plan, you can keep it” lie. Only after the President broke that promise, one that impacted tens of millions of Americans, did citizens start to wake up and realize who the REAL Barack Obama is. This list is presented to all of those now willing to look into Obama’s past.
You can visit all the pages of the Official Obama Administration Scandals List!
SCANDALS By Scandal Number:1-100. 101-200. 201-300. 301-400. 401-500. 501-600. 601-700. 701-800. 801-900. 901-1000. 1001-1100. 1101-1200. 1201-1300. 1301-1400. 1401-1500. 1501-1600. 1601-1700. 1701-1800. 1801-1900. 1901-2000. 2001-2100. 2101-2200. 2201-2300. 2301-2325.
SCANDALS By PAGE Name:
Page 1 – Official Obama Adnimistration Scandals List.
Page 2 – Obama Lies List.
Page 3 – The Tea Party Guide to the Obama Galaxy.
Page 4 The Obama Excuses List.
Page 5 Obama’s Broken Promises List.
Page 6 The Obama Mistakes List.
Page 7 Obama Scandals List.
Page 8 Obamacare Lies List.
Page 9 More Obama Lies.
Page 10 Official Obama Scandals & Lies List.
Page 11 The Obama-Nopoulus 26, 41 State of the Union Lies & Other Obama Scandals!
Page 12 How Many Lies Has Obama Told?
Page 13 More and More Obama Broken Promises! – 1300 & Counting!
Page 14 Obama Nominee Scandals & Other Team Obama Lies
Page 15 Obama Mistakes and Lies List.
Page 16 Never-ending List of Obama Lies
Page 17 The Best Obama Lies List
Page 18 Obamifact/ObamaWiki – The Obama List
BONUS PAGE: 310 Obamacare Lies and Broken Promises!
Page 19 Obama Promises Melt Like Snowflakes! – And We List the Snowflakes
Page 20 ObamaPedia Guide to Obama Lies
Page 21 Obama’s Endless String of Broken Promises
Page 22 Obama’s Broken Net Spending Cut Lie and 2,200 Other Fabrications!
Page 23 – Obama: “I want you to hold me Accountable!” – Okay, we will.
Page 24 – Keeping Track of Obama Lies, Broken Promises.
SCANDALS By Date:
Obama’s Youth-through-Joe the Plumber (10/25/08).
10/30/08 Aunt Zeituni-through-Urban Czar 3/1/9
Broken Earmark pledge 3/1/9-through-4/13/9 Fascist Obama tells Cops to watch out for Conservatives!
Samson Obama 4/13/9-through-Energy Hypocrisy 5/22/9
Racist Sonia Sotomayor 5/26/9-through-Inspectors General-Gate (#3!) 7/8/9
Inspectors General-Gate (#4!) 7/8/9-through-Stimulus “bang” for the buck? 8/7/9
Biden Credits Stimulus 8/7/9-through-Obama Lies to Congress #5 9/9/9
Obama Lies to Congress #6 9/9/9-through-Broken New Orleans Promise 10/16/9
Obama is for drilling?! 10/16/9-through-Jarrett Disagrees with Obama 12/3/9
Obama Lies About Troops 12/3/9-through-Appoints a Transgender 1/5/10
Obama Shock & Awe 1/7/10-through-Obama Disagrees with Himself 1/28/10
Obama’s BS on Lobbyists 1/28/10-through-Obama’s Fake & Staged Obamacare Summit 2/24/10
Obamacare Nightmare gets worse 2/24/10-through-Obama screws up on pre-existing coverage for kids 3/24/10
Obama buys 2 Obamacare Votes 3/24/10-through-Obama stimulus didn’t save teacher jobs after all 5/7/10
Obama Gulf Oil Blunder 5/7/10-through-Obama’s Caribou Coffee Cover-Up 6/29/10
Team Obama says Taliban is Stronger now! 6/29/10-through-Obama again promises to work on economy 9/1/10
Gibbs Lies about Obama 9/1/10-through-Gibbs Flip-flops on Chamber of Commerce 10/17/10
Obama says Americans Don’t Think Clearly! 10/19/10-through-Obama stimulus a complete failure 12/5/10
Bonus Page: 310 Obamacare Lies!
Obama’s Wiki Failure 12/5/10-through-Obama’s State of Confusion Address 1/25/11
Obama’s State of Confusion continued 1/25/11-through-Obama’s Ambassador Forced to Resign 3/20/11.
Obama Libyan Scandals (#4)-through-Obama’s Fake Debt Concern Speech Lie # 23.
More Obama fake debt concern-through-Obama lying about cause of poor economy 6/10/11.
Obama Lying About Border Security 6/10/11-through-Obama’s Lie About Not Resting Until Every American Had a Job! 8/18/11.
Team Obama stops deportations of democrat voters-through-Unions Laboring over why Obama is governing “small.”