Obama Fact Check – Repeats Same Old Lies
By Peter Andrew
Leading the way Right with unique & fun
Conservative American News & Views.
UPDATED 4:40PM — Added FOUR MORE…
To see the NEW lies and flip flops from Obama, see the scandals list starting at #638!
Much of what President Obama said last night does not hold up to a fact check. Many of his untruths are the same ones he has been telling for months. Was there anything new last night? Here’s a list of the the repeat lies…
- Claims Obamacare won’t add “one dime” to the deficit — He told the same lie on 7/22/9 (Scandal #482) and 8/3/9 (Scandal #526). Facts: ObamaCare Nightmare Transparency Lie # 3 7/22/9 Team Obama said the ObamaCare plan would not add to the huge budget deficit. Not true! Fox News: “House Democrats want to give doctors a $245 billion sweetener that helps ensure their critical support for a health care overhaul bill. Next up: Trying to explain how they could do it without breaking President Barack Obama’s promise that health legislation won’t increase the federal deficit. Obama reiterated the pledge in a “CBS Evening News” interview Tuesday, saying: “It’s got to be deficit neutral. It can’t add to our deficits.” So what of the Congressional Budget Office’s conclusion that the House bill does add to the deficit? Democrats and the Obama administration argue that the $245 billion included for doctors — the approximate 10-year cost of adjusting Medicare reimbursement rates so physicians don’t face big annual pay cuts — does not have to be counted in the overall cost of the health care bill. Their only-in-Washington reasoning is that they already decided to exempt it from congressional “pay-as-you-go” rules that require new programs to be paid for. In other words, it doesn’t have to be paid for because they decided it doesn’t have to be paid for“!!!!! — Peter Orszag, Obama’s liberal blogger turned budget director who used to care about budget deficits, says the deficit won’t grow under the plan!!! From MicroSoft-NBC comes his outrageous claim: “White House Budget Director Peter Orszag, a former CBO director, insists that the health care effort “is deficit neutral over the first decade.”
- Claims you can keep your plan and your doctor — FACTS: He changed his wording slightly now. He used to promise you can keep your plan and your doctor. Now he says “Nothing will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have.” He knows he’s playing word games here. From 8/11/9 (Scandal #557) Fishy Claim # 4 from Sen. Cornyn: “President Obama: “If You Like Your Current Plan, You Will Be Able To Keep It. Let Me Repeat That: If You Like Your Plan, You’ll Be Able To Keep It.” (President Obama, Remarks At The White House, Washington, D.C., 7/21/09) — AP Fact Check: “This Is A Pledge That’s Beyond The President’s Power To Keep.” (”Fact Check: Obama’s Words About Iran Get Tougher,” The Associated Press, 6/23/09) –AP Fact Check: “Health Care Coverage For 160 Million People Is Provided By Employers, And Obama’s Plan Leaves Companies Free To Change Their Health Plans In Ways That Workers May Not Like, Or To Drop Insurance Altogether. In addition, his health care plan is only that – an idea proposed by the administration – and is subject to reworking by Congress. A preliminary analysis by the Congressional Budget Office estimates that a Democratic plan being worked on in the Senate would force 10 million Americans to seek new coverage because their employers would no longer offer it.” (”Fact Check: Obama’s Words About Iran Get Tougher,” The Associated Press, 6/23/09)
- Claims he won’t cover illegals — Facts: From the Official Obama Administration Scandals List #477, comes the proof that Joe Wilson was correct. Obamacare will indeed cover illegal immigrants…ObamaCare Nightmare is a “Dream” for Illegal Aliens! 7/21/9 Obama will be providing free health care to illegal aliens and YOU will be paying for it! From The Obama File and Newsmax: “Democrats moved one step closer to giving free health insurance to the nation’s estimated 12 million illegal aliens when they successfully defeated a Republican-backed amendment, offered by Rep. Dean Heller, R-Nev., that would have prevented illegal aliens from receiving government-subsidized health care under the proposed plan backed by House Democrats and President Barack Obama. The House Ways and Means Committee nixed the Heller amendment by a 26-to-15 vote along straight party lines.” — AP points out today there are several versions of the plan floating around, so this one does depend on which version you look at. One plan “explicitly prohibits spending any federal money to help illegal immigrants get health care coverage. Illegal immigrants could buy private health insurance, as many do now, but wouldn’t get tax subsidies to help them. Still, Republicans say there are not sufficient citizenship verification requirements to ensure illegal immigrants are excluded from benefits they are not due.”
- Claims Americans shouldn’t pay attention to scary stories about benefit cuts — Facts: Scandal #497: “ObamaCare Press Conference Lie # 15 7/22/9- The New York Times added some lies to our list. They report experts tell them “some of his points were debatable. – “For example, with the Obama-proposed new cost-control agency, the times notes: “Mr. Obama said: “It’s not going to reduce Medicare benefits. What it’s going to do is to change how those benefits are delivered so that they’re more efficient.”Hospitals say the cuts could indeed cut services in some rural areas and from teaching hospitals, which receive extra payments because of higher costs.” — AP adds: “Obama and congressional Democrats want to pay for their health care plans in part by reducing Medicare payments to providers by more than $500 billion over 10 years. The cuts would largely hit hospitals and Medicare Advantage, the part of the Medicare program operated through private insurance companies.”
- Claims Health care has been pushed “to the breaking point.” — Facts: Scandal #473 “The ObamaCare Nightmare & the Big Health “Crisis” Lie! 7/20/9 A New Zogby Poll says there isn’t any health care crisis! It’s the Big Health Crisis Lie! Fully 84% of Americans are either satisfied or VERY satisfied with their health care coverage! So where is the crisis?! The nation’s first socialist President has simply invented a “crisis” to help him push through “emergency” legislation that will allow the socialist-democrats to control a huge chunk of the economy and to take away more and more of your freedom and liberty!”
- Claims the “Health care problem” is our deficit problem. Nothing else even comes close. Nothing else. Now, these are the facts.” — FACTS: Scandal #485 “ObamaCare Press Conference Lie # 3 7/22/9 Obama says the “biggest driving force behind the federal deficit is the skyrocketing costs of Medicare and Medicaid.” Not True. Fox News reported on July 13th the real causes for Obama’s huge deficit: “the huge deficit is caused by, “the huge sum the government has spent to combat the recession and financial crisis, combined with a sharp decline in tax revenues. Paying for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan also is a major factor.”
- Claims it is time to end the “partisan spectacle” — Facts: Scandal #502 “ObamaCare Press Conference Lie # 20 7/22/9 The Associated Press & Yahoo! News: “OBAMA: “You haven’t seen me out there blaming the Republicans.” THE FACTS: Obama did so in his opening statement, saying, “I’ve heard that one Republican strategist told his party that even though they may want to compromise, it’s better politics to ‘go for the kill.’ Another Republican senator said that defeating health reform is about ‘breaking’ me.” — He is just as much a part of the partisanship as anyone else. — Also, He doesn’t need a single republican vote to pass a health care bill. Partisan politics does not play a role.
- Claims it won’t fund abortions — Facts: Scandal #589 “Obama is “Fabricating” About Abortion Funding in the ObamaCare Nightmare! 8/21/9 CNS News reports: “President Barack Obama and Cardinal Justin Rigali, chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Committee on Pro-Life Activities, have taken directly contradictory positions on whether the health-care bill in the U.S. Congress funds abortion. Cardinal Rigali says the bill does fund abortion and that those who say otherwise are pushing an “illusion.” President Obama says the bill does not fund abortion and that those who say otherwise are guilty of a “fabrication.” Who is right and who is wrong? Cardinal Rigali laid out his position in a carefully reasoned and detailed argument presented…to the U.S. House…Obama laid out his position in two terse sentences…on BlogTalkRadio yesterday…But even…the New York Times’ explanation, the basic fact is impossible to ignore: The bill mandates that everyone getting federal subsidies to buy health insurance must have an opportunity to buy health insurance that covers abortion. Reported the Times: “…it says, in every part of the country, the government must ensure that there is at least one plan that covers abortion and at least one that does not.” — So your taxpayer dollars will fund abortions. Obama is being dishonest to say otherwise.”
- Claims we already have agreement on most things. — Facts: Congress laughed at Obama last night when he said only “a few details” still needed to be worked out. Scandal # 501: “ObamaCare Press Conference Lie # 19 7/22/9 The Associated Press & Yahoo! News: “OBAMA: “We already have rough agreement” on some aspects of what a health care overhaul should involve, and one is: “It will keep government out of health care decisions, giving you the option to keep your insurance if you’re happy with it.” THE FACTS: In House legislation, a commission appointed by the government would determine what is and isn’t covered by insurance plans offered in a new purchasing pool, including a plan sponsored by the government. The bill also holds out the possibility that, over time, those standards could be imposed on all private insurance plans, not just the ones in the pool.”
- Claims Again that Death Panels are a Lie. Facts: (Scandal #564) 8/11/9 Presidentt Obama said there is no “death panel” in the Obamacare Nightmare and he won’t be killing your grandma. That’s reassuring. These words today despite his earlier comments that “these types of decisions are already being made by Medicare, Medicaid…” (that’s the government by the way). Earlier, A woman asked him if his plan would take into consideration her mother’s “will to live.” Obama said that they would not be able to take that into account and that perhaps the better option for Grandma would be to take a pain pill instead of having costly surgery. — So, is he killing Grandma or not?! — And, if it is not in the plan, why did the Senate take it out?! — And, from Scandal #576: “Health Adviser to Obama Flip Flops on Rationing Care and Death Panels! – Palin was Right! 8/14/9 Washington Times: “Dr. Ezekiel J. Emanuel, the White House official targeted by Sarah Palin…as an advocate for health care rationing and “death panels,” said…his “thinking has evolved” on the need to decide who gets treated and who does not. “When I began working in the health policy area about 20 years ago … I thought we would definitely have to ration care, that there was a need to make a decision and deny people care,” said Dr. Emanuel, a health care adviser to President Obama…”I think that over the last five to seven years … I’ve come to the conclusion that in our system we are spending way more money than we need to, a lot of it on unnecessary care,” he said. “If we got rid of that care we would have absolutely no reason to even consider rationing except in a few cases.” Dr. Emanuel, the elder brother of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.”
- Claims Tax payers won’t subsidize Obamacare. Facts: Scandal # 562: “Obama Town Hall Lie about Public Plan 8/11/9 President Obama said today he is in favor of having a public plan in the health care reform legislation to keep “insurance companies honest.” He said it will keep them honest “unless the public plan gets a tax-payer subsidy.” How would we start the public plan (there isn’t one now) without a subsidy? Who is going to pay the start-up costs for the public plan to get going even though they initially have no clients? And, does anyone really believe the public plan will not wind up being heavily subsidized? — And from Scandal # 558: ““Starting In 2011, A Family Making $500,000 Would Have To Pay $1,500 In Additional Income Tax To Help Subsidize Coverage For The Uninsured. A Family Making $1 Million Would Have To Pay $9,000.” (”House Health Plan Outlines Higher Taxes On Rich,” The New York Times, 7/15/09)”– He even made a comparison that was not well thought out to public colleges. We do subsidize public colleges!
- Repeats Claim that a “public option” is not a government takeover of healthcare! Facts: From Scandal #491 “ObamaCare Press Conference Lie # 9 7/22/9 Obama has the audacity to claim that he’ll pay for 2/3rds of his $1.5-Trillion healthcare plan by realizing “savings” from the fact the government will run healthcare!!! Has the government ever saved us a dime running anything?! What makes him think he can do so now? $600 hammer anyone? Over and over he said savings would come by cutting waste in Medicare. How can the government create savings and cut waste in something it does not run? Obviously, the public option does indeed mean a government run health care plan.
- Repeats Claim that no government bureaucrat will come between you and your care. Facts: He promised, “I will ensure,” this won’t happen. However, the bills don’t match his rhetoric. Two sentences later in his talk to congress he said he will create a government commission (bureacrats?) of doctors that he picks to “find waste” in the system and eliminate it. Translation…government bureacrats will indeed be cutting medicare and will come between you and your care. This is health care rationing. He flip flopped in three sentences! Bureaucrats would ration your care, coming inbetween you and your doctor. From Scandal #446 and Forbes Magazine: “The Forbes Five Obama Health Care Lies – #5 Patients Don’t Have to Fear Rationing!!- 7/5/9 – Shikha Dalmia sums it up with this one. “Obama has been insisting, including during his ABC Town Hall event last week, that the rationing patients would face under a government-run system wouldn’t be any more draconian than what they currently confront under private plans. This is complete nonsense. The left has been trying to address fears of rationing by trotting out an old and tired trope, namely, that rationing is an inescapable fact of life because every system rations whether by price or fiat. But there is a big difference between the two. If I can’t afford caviar and champagne every night, any rationing involved is metaphoric, not real. Genuine rationing occurs when someone else controls access–how much of a particular good I can consume. By that token, Obama’s stimulus bill has set in motion rationing on a scale unimaginable in the land of the free. Indeed, the bill commits over $1 billion to conduct comparative effectiveness research that will evaluate the relative merits of various treatments. That in itself wouldn’t be so objectionable–if it weren’t for the fact that a board will then “direct financing” toward approved, standardized treatments. In short, doctors will find it much harder to prescribe newer or non-standard treatments not yet deemed effective by health care bureaucrats. This is exactly along the lines of the British system, where breast cancer patients were denied Herceptin, a new miracle drug, until enraged women fought back. Even the much-vilified managed care plans would appear to be a paragon of generosity in comparison with this.”
Really the whole dang thing was a lie as he talked about “his” health plan. As Rush Limbaugh repeatedly notes, Obama doesn’t have a health plan. He has not written or proposed a bill and there is not a bill that contains all he spoke of last night. Will you hear that on NBC or CBS tonight?
Be sure to Bookmark us and visit ConservativeAmerican.org often!
This entry was posted on Thursday, September 10th, 2009