Obama’s Top Ten Appointment Scandals!
UPDATED: NEW INFO ON DAWN JOHNSEN…
2009 is almost done and ready for the history books! One thing historians should note is the amazing number of Obama appointment problems and scandals. More than 100 in all! From lobbyists he promised not to have, to numerous people with tax problems. From socialists to Mao-loving Communists! It’s hard to narrow it down to ten, but we managed! On this Christmas Day, we present Obama’s Top 10 Appointment Scandals!
Please read this post then add your comments and feedback! Thank you!
By Peter Andrew
Leading the way Right with unique & fun
Conservative American News & Views.
Obama’s Most Unwanted List!
The nine people in the photo above made up the “Obama’s Most Unwanted List!” These are the people working for Obama who are the most UNwanted! We ran our Most Unwanted list in September, shortly before the Sean Hannity Top Ten list aired. Republicans, Honest Democrats and Conservatives should work together to bring attention to these 9 people until they are shown the Van Jones door! There have been more appointment problems and scandals since September, so an update is in order.
Today, we offer you the President’s top ten appointment scandals of 2009. Please Bookmark us and check in each day for the latest scandals involving the Obama Administration! Dishonorable mentions have to go to the following people who we could not manage to cram into the top ten: wacko liberal judges David Hamilton (ACLU Board, ACORN volunteer), Edward Chen (“Sometimes I cannot help but feel that there are too much injustice and too many inequalities that prevent far too many Americans from enjoying the beauty extolled in that (national) anthem”), and Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor who repeatedly made racist comments and insists that policy is made by judges. Others that almost made the list are Mao Zedong lovers Anita Dunn and Ron Bloom, reporter Rosa Brooks who wants Obama to bailout newspapers, Radio Czar Mark Lloyd, and Steven Chu who wants to paint roads and rooftops white to save the planet! Below are those who DID make the list…
- The Story of Communist Van Jones who was Forced to Resign! – Obama’s Communist Green Jobs Czar says no one knows what a “Green Job” even is!!! From Newsreal: “Van Jones, a self-described former communist who was arrested and briefly detained during the Rodney King riots, was interviewed by Newsweek’s Daniel Stone for a July 28, 2009 web-only story. The article begins: ‘Washington is spending $60 billion to create the careers of the future, but not a single green job yet exists. Obama’s ‘green czar’ explains.’ – Except Jones doesn’t really “explain” anything at all. Instead, Jones tells Newsweek that the real problem is that no one in authority can agree about just what a “green job” actually is: ‘Well, we still don’t have a unified definition, and that’s not unusual in a democracy…But the Department of Labor is working on it very, diligently…Since Jones literally wrote the book on “green jobs” (2008’s The Green Collar Economy), this revelation doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.” ConservativeAmerican.org calls this “another great choice of friends by Barack Hugo Obama!” UPDATE 9/4/9: Along with being a communist, signing a petition that says Bush is responsible for 9/11 and admitting he doesn’t know what green jobs really are, Jones is caught on tape calling himself an A**hole and saying republicans are A**holes. Fox News notes it was Rodney ‘Can’t We All Just Get Along King’ who made Van Jones famous: “I met all these young radical people of color — I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was like, ‘This is what I need to be a part of,’” he said in a 2005 interview with the East Bay Express. Jones told the newspaper he stayed in San Francisco, and for the next 10 years worked with a lot of the people he met in jail. Months after the King verdict came down, Jones said, “I was a communist.” – At the time, he became involved with a group called Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), which described itself as committed to Marxist and Leninist ideas. He also started putting pressure on police in San Francisco, monitoring and drawing attention to allegations of police brutality. He was quoted accusing the police department of “killing black people.”…A declared “communist” during the 1990s, Jones once associated with a group that looked to Mao Zedong as an inspiration. Jones’ exceptional past is reminiscent of associations noted during the presidential campaign, when then-Sen. Barack Obama doggedly fended off claims that he was tied to radicals and overzealous activists….(Van Jones) also has consistently leaned on racially charged language, pointing the finger at “white polluters and the white environmentalists” for “steering poison” to minority communities!” –ConservativeAmerican.org’s take: Jones is another of Obama’s clearly racist friends. The President has put him in charge of spending $30-Billion dollars!! A consistent theme to this amazing, constantly growing Scandals List is Obama’s incredibly poor judgment in picking friends and associates who are bizarre, crazy radicals! This is what we warned people about before the election! Not many believed us. We were just ‘right wing extremists’ trying to steal the election from a half-black man. Nonsense! People are now seeing Obama’s true color…Socialism. Glenn Beck has been following ConservativeAmerican.org’s lead lately in that he is also highlighting a few of the more crazy Obama Appointment Scandals as the site has been doing for months. Van Jones is a real radical who should be fired. So is Barack Obama. Obama said in his own book that he purposely seeks out Communist friends. We are not making that up. Read More from Phil Kerpen at Americans for Prosperity. UPDATE 9/5/9: MotorCityTimes.com has video of Jones calling George W. Bush a “Crack-head!” (See Links and Sources). UPDATE 9/6/7: Van Jones is forced to Resign saying the accusations against him are not true!!! One down, about 80 more to go! UPDATE 9/2/9: Obama’s Communist Green Jobs Czar calls Republicans A**holes! No class at all. Commie Van Jones is seen on tape admitting that he, himself, is an A**hole. He also calls republicans the name. UPDATE 9/3/9: Obama Friend & Communist Green Jobs Czar Believes 9/11 was an Inside Job! Fox News: “Jones joined the “9/11 truther” movement by signing a statement in 2004 calling for then-New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer and others to launch an investigation into evidence that suggests “people within the current administration may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war.” The statement asked a series of critical questions hinting at Bush administration involvement in the attacks and called for “deeper inquiry.” It was also signed by former Rep. Cynthia McKinney and Code Pink co-founder Jodie Evans.” –ConservativeAmerican.org asks: How long until Van Jones resigns/gets fired? His is only one of 60+ (so far) Obama appointment scandals on this list! UPDATE 9/5/9: From Jake Tapper at ABC comes this update necessary to be fair (yes, even to someone like Van Jones)…”It’s worth pointing out that Ben Smith at Politico has spoken to two signatories of that petition, Rabbi Michael Lerner and historian Howard Zinn, who say they were misled about what they were signing. And the conservative website Little Green Footballs points out that Rachel Ehrenfeld, author of “Funding Evil; How Terrorism is Financed and How to Stop It” has posted on her website, the American Center for Democracy: “PLEASE NOTE: Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld is not a signatory of the 911Truth.org. She has asked several times to have her named removed from the list, but the organization failed to comply.” – UPDATE 9/5/9: Hold your horses! Right Wing News says Van Jones was part of a March in San Francisco to demand the investigation into 9/11 being an inside job! – Jones was eventually forced to resign.
- The Ten Lobbyists in Obama’s No-Lobbyist Administration! For number nine, we picked all ten of these people. The lesson to Obama is not to make promises he can’t keep. The lobbyists include William Lynn, William Corr, Mark Patterson, Jocelyn Frye, Cecilia Munoz, Richard Verma, Charles Bolden, Naomi Walker, Islam Siddiqui and perhaps even Leon Panetta.
Please share this post (buttons below) with your friends! Thank you! Also, be sure to Bookmark us and visit ConservativeAmerican.org often! – Almost daily updates to the Obama Administration Scandals List!
- The 11 Obama Appointees with Big Tax Troubles! – We “cheated” again on number eight by picking a whole bunch of people! Obama had a terrible track record of nominating people who “forgot” to pay their taxes. His entire vetting process was called into question. He continued to screw up long after he promised not to be “screwing up again!” Of course the most well known of these is Treasury Secretary and IRS Head Tim Geithner. Others he nominated who had some major problems with taxes they owed included Tom Daschle, Nancy Killefer, the Hilda Solis family, Kathleen Sebelius, Ron Kirk, Caroline Atkinson, Rahm Emanuel, Capricia Marshall, Pete Rouse and Lael Brainard.
- Carol Socialist Browner! – The Obama Administration says being socialist is “Not a Problem!!!” OMG, you’re kidding right? Nope. I kid you not. Obama spokespal Nick Shapiro says the fact Obama’s pick for Climate Hoax Czar is a Socialist is simply, “not a problem.” That’s it. Nothing Else. Problem solved. The Great One has spoken. Pay no attention to that socialist behind the big curtain. It certainly is a problem!! And a huge one at that! President Elect Barack Obama intends to lead this nation into Socialism. It worked so well for Europe that it’s “not a problem here.” Gag.
- Looney Dawn Johnsen! – Obama’s nominee to head the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, Dawn Johnsen, once compared pregnancy with slavery! Stephen Clark at Fox News reports: When Johnsen was a lawyer for the National Abortion ‘Rights’ Action League, she cited a footnote that said forcing women to bear children was “disturbingly suggestive of involuntary servitude, prohibited by the 13th Amendment, in that forced pregnancy requires a woman to provide continuous physical service to the fetus in order to further the state’s asserted interest.” Wimpy republicans might (don’t hold your breath) actually try to fight this confirmation. Now that she wants an important job, Johnsen says she merely suggested “an analogy” in the footnote and “never believed the 13th Amendment had any role” in the abortion issue! Solid bull from a solid liberbull. UPDATE 9/18/9: Johnsen is named to “The President’s Top 10? by Sean Hannity! He points out that another person on the Obama Appointment Scandals List, Acorn fundraiser David Hamilton, is her brother-in-law! Johnsen is also found on our “Obama’s Most Unwanted List!” which came out prior to the Hannity list. UPDATE: NEW INFORMATION 12/25/9: From Fox News, “President Obama’s controversial choice to head the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel is spending the holidays in limbo after Senate Republicans — in a last jab at Democrats for passing a massive health insurance bill — blocked her nomination and five others. If confirmed, Dawn Johnsen, a law professor at Indiana University, would be in charge of the office that formulates the attorney general’s formal opinions and provides counsel on the diciest legal questions, particularly the handling of Guantanamo Bay detainees and their impending move to the Thomson Correctional Center in Thomson, Ill…GOP lawmakers like Sen. John Cornyn of Texas,…called the coming acquisition of Thomson fulfillment of “misguided campaign pledges made to appease his left-wing base.” Cornyn was also a critic of Johnsen when she came up before the Senate Judiciary Committee for confirmation in March. A former Texas state Supreme Court judge and now ranking Republican of the Senate Judiciary’s Terrorism and Homeland Security Subcommittee, Cornyn took issue with Johnsen’s criticism of the Bush administration’s interrogation policies, much of which has been rescinded by Obama since he took office. Johnson “has not demonstrated the seriousness and necessary resolve to address the national security challenges we face,” Cornyn, echoed by other Republicans, said at her confirmation hearing. During the hearing, other lawmakers expressed dismay at 20-year-old comments by Johnson comparing “forced pregnancy” with slavery.”
- Harold Sharia Law Koh! – The New York Post reports Obama’s nominee to be the State Department’s top legal advisor, Harold Koh believes, “JUDGES should interpret the Constitution according to other nations’ legal “norms.” He also believes Sharia law could apply to disputes in US courts! Koh has also stated the United States constitutes an “axis of disobedience” along with North Korea and Saddam-era Iraq. Those are the views of the man on track to become one of the US government’s top lawyers. Harold Koh was actually the Dean of Yale Law School. UPDATE 6/29/9 Oliver North reports: “the U.S. Senate confirmed the appointment of Harold Koh…The 62 to 35 vote means that Mr. Koh is now in a position to negotiate treaties, affect international law, and influence U.S. foreign policy. That’s not good news. Mr. Koh is a self-described “transnationalist” who “believes in and promotes the blending of international and domestic law.” According to Mr. Koh, “U.S. courts can and should use their interpretive powers to promote the development of a global legal system.” In short, he is a proponent of ensuring that citizens of the United States are in “bedience with international law.” Unfortunately the legal adviser’s appointment is just the tip of the iceberg in the Obama administration.” UPDATE 9/18/9: Koh is highlighted on the Sean Hannity TV Special, “The President’s top Ten!” Previously, he was also named to our “Obama’s Most Unwanted List!”
- Radical Islam Supporter Dalia Mogahed! – Jewish Groups express concern over the “addition of Dalia Mogahed to the President’s Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Ms. Mogahed has a history as an apologist for radical Islamists and the Muslim Brotherhood.” She also is referred to in some reports as Dina Mogahed. UPDATE 9/18/9: While Mogahed was not included on the Sean Hannity TV special, “The President’s Top Ten,” she was included in our “Obama’s Most Unwanted List,” posted prior to the Hannity show. UPDATE 10/11/9: Author Barry Rubin (“Lebanon: Liberation, Conflict & Crisis”) joins our efforts to make people aware of Dina, or Dalia, Mogahed. His report adds interesting details and further justifies her placement on the Obama’s Most Unwanted List. From Rubin, “Egyptian-born Dina Mogahed, a White House advisor on the President’s Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, appeared on (TV)…in Britain to praise Islamic Sharia law. She said the Western view of Sharia is “oversimplified” and, “The majority of women around the world associate gender justice, or justice for women, with Sharia compliance.”…According to the Daily Telegraph, she: “Admitted that even many Muslims associated Sharia with `maximum criminal punishments’ and `laws that… to many people seem unequal to women,’ but added: `Part of the reason that there is this perception of Sharia is because Sharia is not well understood and Islam as a faith is not well understood.’” In other words, most Muslims also misunderstand Islam…she was appearing on a London-based TV program of the Hizb ut Tahrir party, a revolutionary group that is viciously antisemitic and seeks to overthrow every moderate regime in Muslim-majority countries in order to create a caliphate ruling under Sharia law. A Sharia law, I might add, that Mogahed either thinks they either do or don’t understand properly. If she thinks they misunderstand it, however, she certainly didn’t say so on the program. In a recent previous program, members of the (Hizub ut Tahrir) group attacked all existing Western law as merely “man-made,” condemned the Western system as a “lethal cocktail of liberty and capitalism,” and said women (presumably including Mogahed) should not be permitted to hold any important jobs in government. This is standard Islamist ideology, but why is a White House advisor validating it by her appearance, failing to contradict such ideas, and in some ways even agreeing with the same basic approach? Presumably, this is what nowadays passes for moderate Muslims. (Oh by the way, at almost the exact moment the show with Mogahed was being made, Hizb ut Tahrir was leading violent riots in east Jerusalem over a false claim that Jews were assaulting holy places on the Temple Mount.) During the broadcast, she described her White House role as “to convey… to the President and other public officials what it is Muslims want.” The problem here is that–based on her interview and statements elsewhere–she apparently thinks that most Muslims want Sharia law to apply at least over themselves in the United States. That’s pretty shocking. Clearly, the problem is that in defining “Muslims” she is not backing those few who are courageously advocating a moderate, reformed Islam but those who hold radical Islamist views. She might mean that most Muslims don’t correctly understand their own religion because, for example, they believe that any Muslim who wants to change religions should be killed. But Mogahed is certainly not campaigning against these interpretations. Under any previous criteria, Mogahed should resign right now. But she won’t and no one will ask her to do so.” – Author Barry Rubin
- Environmental Wacko, Climate Hoaxer John Holdren! – This guy is one of the most outrageous nominees ever put forward by any President. Reviewing Obama’s first 100 days, Peter Roff at Fox News adds three more appointees to the Obama Appointment Scandals List. Roff is among the first at a major news outlet to call attention to John Holdren: “There are plenty of secondary appointments, not all of which are subject to the Senate’s advice and consent, which make up the new administration’s gallery of liberal rogues. White House Science Advisor Dr. John P. Holdren is a noted alarmist where the idea of global catastrophes is concerned. In 1971, he predicted that “some form of eco-catastrophe, if not thermonuclear war, seems almost certain to overtake us before the end of the century.” That same year Holdren also claimed that “population control, the redirection of technology, the transition from open to closed resource cycles, the equitable distribution of opportunity, and the ingredients of prosperity must all be accomplished if there is to be a future worth living.” More recently, in 2006, Holdren suggested that global sea levels could rise by 13 feet by the end of this century. The 2007 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s Fourth Assessment Report suggests a potential sea level rise of just 13 inches.” UPDATE 7/23/9: People still are talking about what a nut job Holdren is! Holdren has suggested highly controversial forced abortions and human sterilization programs to control population! UPDATE 8/1/9: CNS News: “It is by now abundantly clear that the GNP cannot grow forever. Why should it?” Holdren asked in a 1977 college science textbook he co-wrote with Paul R. Ehrlich and Anne H. Ehrlich, titled “Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment.” “Why should we not strive for zero economic growth (ZEG) as well as zero population growth?” The pertinent chapter, “Changing American Institutions,” discusses what the authors perceived as problems in America’s social mores, government, and economic system, which they say makes it “the leader in humanity’s reckless exploitation of Earth.” The United States, they argued, should focus on limiting the amount of physical product produced and in circulation.” UPDATE 9/18/9: After being named to our “Obama’s Most Unwanted List,” Holder also gets the ‘honor’ of being named to Sean Hannity’s “The President’s Top 10? list. Holder has suggested methods of population control that Hannity pointed out such as sterilization capsules implanted in youth and spiking drinking water to prevent pregnancy! Hannity says, “So much for the right to choose!”
- Pervert Kevin Jennings Put in Charge of Your Kids! – Sean Hannity adds one to the list from his TV special, “The President’s Ten” featuring some of Team Obama’s crazy appointees (the other 9 were: Carol Browner, Rosa Brooks, Mark Lloyd, Dawn Johnsen, David Hamilton, Harold Koh, Samantha Power, Cass Sunstein & John Holdren). Hannity says Obama named Kevin Jennings to the post of Assistant Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education. Jennings used to be the Executive Director of the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network. Hannity reported that group sponsored a conference called “Teach Out 2000? at which Department of Education officials provided graphic answers to children on how to perform sexual acts. Hannity guest, Noelle Nikpour, says that included homosexual acts. UPDATE 9/23/9 – Fox News: “President Obama’s “safe schools czar” is a former schoolteacher who has advocated promoting homosexuality in schools, written about his past drug abuse, expressed his contempt for religion and detailed an incident in which he did not report an underage student who told him he was having sex with older men. Conservatives are up in arms about the appointment of Kevin Jennings, Obama’s director of the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools, saying he is too radical for the job…as a teacher in Massachusetts, he founded the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), which now has over 40 chapters at schools nationwide. He has also published six books on gay rights and education, including one that describes his own experiences as a closeted gay student.” UPDATE 10/1/9: Fox News “President Obama’s “safe schools czar,” under fire from critics who say he’s unfit for his job, acknowledged Wednesday that he “should have handled [the] situation differently” years ago when he was a schoolteacher and didn’t report that a 15-year-old boy told him that he was having sex with an older man… “I should have handled this situation differently. I should have asked for more information and consulted legal or medical authorities.” UPDATE 10/15/9 53 House republicans call on Obama to fire Jennings, “citing their concerns that Kevin Jennings wants to promote a “homosexual agenda” and that as a schoolteacher years ago he did not report that a young student told him he was romantically involved with an older man.”
And the number one appointment scandal of the year from President Barack Obama is…
- Cass “A Cow May Take You to Court!” Sunstein -Fox News: “Cass Sunstein’s views on litigating on behalf of animals has raised concerns for Sen. John Cornyn, who placed a hold on the nominee…who’s says he’s not convinced that Harvard professor…Sunstein won’t push a radical animal rights agenda, including new restrictions on agriculture and even hunting.…” Sen. Cornyn finds numerous aspects of Mr. Sunstein’s record troubling, specifically the fact that he wants to establish legal ‘rights’ for livestock, wildlife and pets, which would enable animals to file lawsuits in American courts,” the Republican’s spokesman, Kevin McLaughlin, said in a statement to FOXNews.com. Cornyn’s hold on Sunstein comes just as Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., last week lifted his own hold on the nominee, whom Obama tapped in April to become the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Budget and Management…Despite his assurances to the contrary, Sunstein has spoken stridently in favor of allowing people the right to bring suit on behalf of animals in animal cruelty cases and to restrict what he calls the more horrific practices associated with industrial breeding and processing of animals for food. In a 2007 speech at Harvard, Sunstein also advocated restricting animal testing for cosmetics, banning hunting and encouraging the general public to eat less meat. The Center for Consumer Freedom’s David Martosko, a Sunstein critic, said those positions make the agricultural industry — major stakeholders in the states represented by both Chambliss and Cornyn — nervous. Martosko said there are plenty of ways to pursue a “stealth campaign” on any one of these fronts — guns or animal rights — by putting pressure on the regulatory heads of the different agencies. “He is the gatekeeper between the president and the secretaries,” he said, noting that “as a regulatory czar, he won’t be a judge or a legislator, so he cannot make laws. … What he can do is nudge the departments in the direction of his philosophy,” which is very much in line with “hard core animal rights zealots.” – – UPDATE: The New York Post says Sunstein has a new book coming out: “Sunstein, a Harvard professor who has been appointed to a shadowy post that will grant him powers that are merely mind-boggling, explicitly supports using the courts to impose a “chilling effect” on speech that might hurt someone’s feelings. He thinks that the bloggers have been rampaging out of control and that new laws need to be written to corral them. Advance copies of Sunstein’s new book, “On Rumors: How Falsehoods Spread, Why We Believe Them, What Can Be Done,” have gone out to reviewers…considering the prominence with which Sunstein is about to be endowed, his worrying views are fair game now…It’s the bland (job) titles (from Obama) that should scare you the most. “Although obscure,” reported the Wall Street Journal, “the post wields outsize power. It oversees regulations throughout the government, from the Environmental Protection Agency to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.” – – The NRA may want to keep tabs on this guy’s nomination and make sure senators know those for gun rights don’t want this guy in any position. UPDATE 9/18/9: After being named to our “Obama’s Most Unwanted List,” Sunstein also is named to Sean Hannity’s “The President’s Top Ten” list. Hannity points out Sunstein is married to another member of the Obama Appointee Scandal Crowd, Samantha Power!
Who did we miss? Who would you pick or add?
All are taken from the Official Obama Administration Scandals List. Check back often for updates to the list!