By Peter Andrew – ConservativeAmerican.org
You’re right about the “long catalog of excuses” Rich! We’ve got the catalog right here for you!
The list below contains all of the Obama Administration mistakes, blunders, broken promises, flip flops, gaffes, lies, etc. That’s too long of a name, so we called it “the Official Obama Administration Scandals List.” This list covers Barack Obama and his pals from day one through September 4th, 2011. At that point, the list was discontinued. We present this list to you as an accurate and complete historic detail of the Legacy of Lies President Obama leaves behind for the time period starting with his youth and going until September 4th, 2011. Not responsible for any broken or out-of-date links. They worked when we posted them. Some may redirect you to the wayback machine.
You can visit all the pages of the Official Obama Administration Scandals List!
SCANDALS By Scandal Number:1-100. 101-200. 201-300. 301-400. 401-500. 501-600. 601-700. 701-800. 801-900. 901-1000. 1001-1100. 1101-1200. 1201-1300. 1301-1400. 1401-1500. 1501-1600. 1601-1700. 1701-1800. 1801-1900. 1901-2000. 2001-2100. 2101-2200. 2201-2300. 2301-2325. – Find more ways to search the list at the bottom of this post.You can also use the search bar on our page.
- Obama Family Scandal # 5 – 4/13/9 London Times: “The brother of President Obama has been refused a visa to re-enter Britain after being questioned by police over an accusation of attempted sexual assault and receiving a caution for a public order offence. Samson “Abo” Obama — one of the US President’s 11 half-brothers and sisters — is alleged to have been living illegally in Britain when he was arrested in Berkshire last November. A group of girls, one aged 13, told police a man approached them and followed them into a café a mile from the home of Samson Obama’s mother in Bracknell. Mr Obama, 41, was questioned by Thames Valley Police for several hours, during which his fingerprints and a DNA sample were taken. He is alleged to have told detectives that he was Henry Aloo, a genuine asylum-seeker, but gave the address of his own mother, Kezia. Mr Obama denied any sexual assault, but is reported to have accepted an official caution for a public order offence. A caution is an admission of a criminal offence. Police were reported to have also discovered that Mr Obama had been living illegally in Britain for seven years…Mr Ian Manners, stepbrother-in-law of President Obama, said “Abo is not married but is in a relationship with a woman. He is a bit of a playboy but would not get involved with 13-year-old girls. It is unthinkable.”
- VP Biden Claims Tens of Thousands of Jobs will come via Weatheriziation – 4/14/9 The RNC Notes: “Also yesterday, Biden and Energy Secretary Steven Chu detailed a chunk of the stimulus cash – $8 billion for weatherization and energy efficiency programs that they say will put 87,000 Americans to work and save families hundreds of dollars a year on their energy bills. The first installment of the funding – about $780 million – is to be released in the next few days, they said.” (Obama to States: Use Stimulus Cash Well; Vows To Penalize Wasteful,? The Boston Globe, 3/13/09) – REALITY: Weatherization Programs “Will Do Little To Create Long-Term Employment.” “The massive government stimulus program now being organized by the Obama administration has specifically designated about $5 billion for the various state weatherization programs. But critics say the program will do little to create long-term employment and is vulnerable to fraud.” (Drew Griffin and Scott Bronstein, “Stimulus Steers Billions To Weatherizing Homes, CNNPolitics.com, 4/14/09)
- Obama Administration Lies, saying President Unaware of Tea Parties! – 4/15/9 Newsbusters reports on the line of bull the White House is sending out to try to deflate Tea Part Protests: — VIDEO NO LONGER UP — Gibbs denied the Prez was even aware of the tea parties. BS!
- Obama Appointment Scandal #46 Wants Government to Bailout & Control Media! – 4/16/9 Fox quotes Pentagon Adviser Rosa Brooks: “Years of foolish policies have left us with a choice: We can bail out journalism, using tax dollars and granting licenses in ways that encourage robust and independent reporting and commentary, or we can watch, wringing our hands, as more and more top journalists are laid off.” How long do we have to think about it? Some of her so-called top liberal journalists laid off would likely be good for our nation! I can’t believe she, as a former journalist, is suggesting limiting free speech by requiring a license. Brent Bozell from Media Research Center: “Since when did our Founding Fathers envision that … you could exercise your right to freedom of speech provided you had a license from the federal government? This is the kind of stuff you have revolutions about.” UPDATE 9/18/9: Brooks is included on the Sean Hannity Top Ten TV special. He notes that in July, 2007 Brooks also wrote that Al Queda was just an obscure group before 9/11 and it was U.S. policies that turned them into a vast global threat! Prior to Hannity’s list, Brooks was included in our “Obama’s Most Unwanted List!“
- Obama Hides from Jesus! – 4/16/9 White House asks Catholic University, Georgetown, to hide “a religious insignia symbolizing the name of Jesus” during President Obama’s speech! They wanted Flags instead. The request is way out of line for the White House to make. Even more scandalous than the request, is the fact that Georgetown agreed! Shame on them and their Catholic sponsors, the Jesuits. Fox Reports:”Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, accused the university of “cowardice” for acceding to the White House, and criticized Obama’s team for asking a religious school to “neuter itself” before the president made his address.”No bishop who might speak at the White House would ever request that a crucifix be displayed behind him,” he said.” – Georgetown President John J. DeGioia owes American Catholics an apology for agreeing to hide “IHS” from public in order to honor a President who did not attend Church for the first 11 weeks of his Presidency. Georgetown donors should let DeGioia know they disagree with this shameful decision. Where is Archbishop Donald Wuerl?
- Team Obama Brings Teenage Pirate Terrorist to New York & Gives Him Rights of Citizen! – 4/16/9 The Pirates are coming to New York! And this time, it’s not a baseball game! As we jokingly predicted on 4/13/9, the Somali Pirate captured alive as part of the Maersk Alabama rescue is heading to the USA! Our political satire suggested: “As for the fate of the Somali freedom fighter captured alive, Attorney General Eric Holder says, “there are a variety of options that we have and among them is the possibility is that we would release him into this country.” Now it is coming true! We were making fun of the Obama Administration and Eric Holder because of what they said about releasing terrorists from Guantanamo Bay in the USA. That’s where the quote comes from. It was supposed to be a joke! It’s not a joke now though. President Obama actually is returning to the Clinton strategy of treating terrorists like regular criminal cases, trying them in court, and giving them all the same rights as a US Citizen. They are, of course, entitled to no such rights. UPDATE 4/21/9 – Teenage Pirate Terrorist is in NY now.
- Obama Apology Tour # 6 -Blames USA for even more Mexican Problems!! – 4/17/9- Washington Times: President Obama…said the U.S. is to blame for much of Mexico’s drug violence…”I will not pretend that this is Mexico’s responsibility alone. The demand for these drugs in the United States is what’s helping keep these cartels in business.” This is his second “We are the bad guys” comment related to Mexico (see # 208). This is a pattern for Team Obama. On 3/25/9, Hillary Clinton also blamed the USA: “(She)admitted America’s demand for illegal narcotics and arms markets was partly to blame.”
- Obama’s Apology Tour # 7! – 4/17/9 Marooned in Marin quotes Obama: “Too often, the United States has not pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors. We have been too easily distracted by other priorities, and have failed to see that our own progress is tied directly to progress throughout the Americas.” M in M notes: “With his penchant of attacking the United States of America on foreign soil now well established, it appears Barack Hussein Obama must now be auditioning for the slot as the Fourth Dixie Chick.” Now that is funny!
- Obama’s Auto Czar is “Under Fire” (Appointment Scandal #47)
- President Ignores Advice of 4 CIA Directors, Releasing CIA Interrogation Memos – 4/17/9 Associated Press: “Four former CIA directors opposed releasing classified Bush-era interrogation memos, officials say, describing objections that went all the way to the White House and slowed release of the records. Former CIA chiefs Michael Hayden, Porter Goss, George Tenet and John Deutch all called the White House in March warning that release of the so-called “torture memos” would compromise intelligence operations, current and former officials say…CIA Director Leon Panetta told Attorney General Eric Holder and…the White House the administration needed to discuss the possibility the memos’ release might expose CIA officers to lawsuits on allegations of torture and abuse. Panetta also pushed for more censorship of the memos.” Obama released them anyway, joining with the ACLU in an attempt to continue campaigning against George W. Bush for another four years. UPDATE 4/18/9 UN says Obama should prosecute our CIA agents for doing their jobs!
- Obama Ignores Pledge to find “Common Ground” on Abortion Issue – 4/17/9 One News Now reports Dr. Frank Page, a member of President Obama’s Faith-Based Advisory Council, thinks “Obama has yet to show any signs that he plans to follow through on his pledge to find “common ground” on the issue of abortion.” Reporter Jim Brown notes: “And there are other things that Page says went relatively unnoticed. “A lot of people didn’t pick up on [the fact that] there was some large amount of money in one of the Omnibus bills that supported a United Nations agency which has been used in the past to support forced abortions in China,” he states. Page admits he is irritated that some of the evangelicals who voted for President Obama are now having “buyers’ remorse.” He says they should not be acting surprised when they see Obama simply fulfilling promises he made during the campaign.”UPDATE 5/17/9:Speaking at the Notre Dame Commencement, AP reports: Obama acknowledged that “no matter how much we want to fudge it … the fact is that at some level, the views of the two camps are irreconcilable.” Interesting. So where’s the “common ground?!”
- Obama Appointment Scandal #48 Herbert Allison, Jr. – 4/18/9 – Robert McIntosh at The Patriot Room reports: “Herbert Allison Jr., Fannie Mae’s president and CEO, has been named to run the TARP program. Yes, Allison was an advisor for McCain during his presidential run and is supposedly bipartisan in his politics. None of that matters. Having the CEO of one of the biggest causes to the economic meltdown run the program that is supposed to help get us out of that meltdown is just rediculous.”
- Obama’s Apology Tour # 8 – 4/18/9 Fox News reports Obama apologized again! “We have at times been disengaged, and at times we sought to dictate our terms. But I pledge to you that we seek an equal partnership. There is no senior partner and junior partner in our relations.” — President Obama, at the Summit of the Americas in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
- Obama Slip-up Pleases Nicaragua – 4/19/9 – Fox News: “President Obama misnumbered the nations attending the Summit of the Americas here, saying it was 36 when it’s actually 34. “When you are in a group of 36, it’s more difficult to focus just on the regional issues”…The slip-up would be easily overlooked except for the (fact)…Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega denounced the summit for excluding Communist Cuba and also said Puerto Rico, a commonwealth in the United States, should be independent.”
- Obama Stayed Seated During Ortega Tongue-Lashing – 4/19/9 New York Post: “Nicaragua’s Daniel Ortega went on a 50-minute anti-American rant, calling Obama “president of an empire.” Obama didn’t leave the room. “I thought it was 50 minutes long. That’s what I thought,” he said.”
- Obama’s “Outrageous Sin Against our Kids!” – 4/20/9 Liberal NPR Radio Host Juan Williams called it that! He writes: “But last week (Education) Secretary (Arne) Duncan announced that he will not allow any new students to enter the D.C. voucher program. In fact, he had to take back the government’s offer of scholarships to 200 students who had won a lottery to get into the program starting next year. His rationale is that if the program does not win new funding from Congress then those students might have to go back to public school in a year…With no living, breathing students profiting from the program to give it a face and stand and defend it the Congress has little political pressure to put new money into the program. The political pressure will be coming exclusively from the teacher’s unions who oppose the vouchers, just as they oppose No Child Left Behind and charter schools and every other effort at reforming public schools that continue to fail the nation’s most vulnerable young people, low income blacks and Hispanics. The National Education Association and other teachers’ unions have put millions into Democrats’ congressional campaigns because they oppose Republican efforts to challenge unions on their resistance to school reform and specifically their refusal to support ideas such as performance-based pay for teachers who raise students’ test scores…This reckless dismantling of the D.C. voucher program does not bode well for arguments to come about standards in the effort to reauthorize No Child Left Behind. It does not speak well of the promise of President Obama to be the “Education President,’ who once seemed primed to stand up for all children who want to learn and especially minority children. And its time for all of us to get outraged about this sin against our children.” Wow…this liberal commentator obviously IS outraged. (Scary that I just agreed with a liberal!) Obama’s kids go to private schools and two of the poor minority kids he is kicking out of school are classmates of his daughters. Obama Chicago Street Gang member Duncan said he didn’t want to live in D.C. because he didn’t want his kids to go to those public schools. – See earlier Voucher Scandal-and this related story!
- Obama’s Speedy Flip-Flop on CIA Prosecution! – 4/21/9 – President Obama when CIA interrogation memos were released: “I prohibited the use of these interrogation techniques…because they undermine our moral authority and do not make us safer. It is our intention to assure those who carried out their duties relying in good faith upon legal advice from the Department of Justice that they will not be subject to prosecution…because of their sacrifices, every single American is safer. We must…provide them with the confidence that they can do their jobs.” Sooooooo, at the same time the President said we’re not safer AND we are safer, he also said he is not in favor of releasing secret memos but he released the secret memos. Following this? Caving to pressure from liberal democrat-socialists, Obama now opened the door to prosecution for some: “With respect to those who formulate those legal decisions, I would say that that is going to be more of a decision for the attorney general within the parameters of various laws, and I don’t want to prejudge that. … There are a host of very complicated issues involved there.” Things do get very complicated when you play both sides of the issue! Next, he repeated his claim that prosecuting Bush officials could get politicized, then flipped and said he would be open to those prosecutions if they were “bipartisan.” Clearly that is not possible. From Fox: “White House Press Secretary Gibbs and Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel indicated over the past two days that the president did not favor opening the memos’ authors to charges. Gibbs deflected the suggestion that the president was responding to pressure from the left to support prosecutions” because now he does favor opening them to charges. This president tries to be on both sides of every issue…at the same time!
- Obama Abandons Black Farmers! – 4/21/9 Fox News: “Senator Barack Obama led the charge last year to pass a bill allowing black farmers to seek new discrimination claims against the Agriculture Department. Now he is president, and his administration so far is acting like it wants the potentially budget-busting lawsuits to go away. The change isn’t sitting well with black farmers who thought they’d get a friendlier reception from Obama after years of resistance from President George W. Bush. “You can’t blame it on the Bush administration anymore,” said John Boyd, head of the National Black Farmers Association, which has organized the lawsuits. “I can’t figure out for the life of me why the president wouldn’t want to implement a bill that he fought for as a U.S. senator.”
- Obama’s Interrogation Techniques Lie! – 4/21/9 On the very same day the President said tough CIA interrogation methods do not make us safer, his national intelligence director told him they did make us safer. 4/16/9 Obama: “In one of my very first acts as President, I prohibited the use of these interrogation techniques by the United States because they undermine our moral authority and do not make us safer.” 4/21/9 New York Times: “High value information came from interrogations in which those methods were used and provided a deeper understanding of the al Qa’ida organization that was attacking this country…I do not fault those who made the decisions at that time, and I will absolutely defend those who carried out the interrogations within the orders they were given,” Adm. Dennis C. Blair, the intelligence director, wrote in a memo to his staff.” Admiral Blair’s assessment that the interrogation methods did produce important information was deleted from a condensed version of his memo released to the media. So, President Obama knew the methods did keep us safer when he told the nation they did “not make us safer.” That’s a lie in my book.
- Obama’s Gitmo – The latest (and biggest?) Obama flip-flop – 4/21/9 William McGurn at the Wall Street Journal notes the contrast between Obama the candidate who said there should be a “rejection of the Bush administration’s attempt to create a legal black hole at Guantanamo” and Obama the President who now has his own “legal black hole” at Bagram Air Force Base in Iraq. On the senate floor in 2006 Obama said “I do not want to hear that this is a new world and we face a new kind of enemy.” Mr. McGurn quotes a Glenn Greenwald, a former constitutional law litigator, who said “These actions — these contradictions between what he said and what he is doing, the embrace of the very powers that caused so much anger towards Bush/Cheney — are so blatant, so transparent, so extreme, that the only way to avoid noticing them is to purposely shut your eyes as tightly as possible and resolve that you don’t want to see it, or that you’re so convinced of his intrinsic Goodness that you’ll just believe that even when it seems like he’s doing bad things, he must really be doing them for the Good.”
- Obama’s Fake Budget Cuts!– 4/21/9 President Obama is worried about the “confidence gap” the public has over his huge increase in the size of the federal government. So he’s pretending to be a budget-cutter. He proposes the biggest increase in government spending ever then asks his cabinet to cut $100-million in spending… The New York Post says that’s a whopping .0027%!
- Intelligence Director is “Admiral Flip Flop”– 4/22/9 Admiral Dennis Blair, National Intel Director told Obama on April 16th the CIA methods worked and kept Americans safer. The same day Obama said they did not work and did not keep us safer. Blair had also written: “Those methods, read on a bright, sunny, safe day in April 2009, appear graphic and disturbing. I like to think I would not have approved those methods in the past, but I do not fault those who made the decisions at that time, and I will absolutely defend those who carried out the interrogations within the orders they were given.” After likely being scolded for admitting the methods worked and saved lives, Fox reports Blair had to do a flip-flop: “He later issued a statement saying the techniques are not needed to keep Americans safe and that the information gleaned using them “was valuable in some instances, but there is no way of knowing whether the same information could have been obtained through other means.”
- Obama Sides with Terrorists Over Americans! – 4/22/9 – KOA Radio reports: “the Obama regime asked a federal court to throw out a lawsuit filed by Americans held hostage for 444 days by the terrorist regime of Iran during the Carter administration. The suit seeks $6.6 billion from the genocidal terrorist regime (in Iran), but the Obama regime, siding with the terrorists, says an agreement between Carter and the terrorists disallows the suit.”
- Obama Not Slick Enough for Castro – 4/22/9 Newsmax: “Obama eases travel and remittance restrictions on Cuba, and considers dropping the embargo on Cuba. Fidel Castro later expresses his exasperation with Obama’s way with words, saying Obama “misinterpreted” what his brother Raul had said. Cuba would not be willing to negotiate about human rights, Castro insists.”
- Obama Hurts the Earth on Earth Day – 4/22/9 CBS News reports that Obama’s Earth Day flights burned up more than 9,000 gallons of fuel. Mark Knoller reports: “President Obama could have saved at least 9,116 gallons of fuel by giving his speech at the White House.”
- Obama’s Flip-Flop on Columbian Free Trade Agreement
- Obama: Still No Accountability! – 4/23/9 After being critical of the Bush Team for not having any accountability in the first bailout bill, ABC News reports today: “The GAO study asserts that officials from most of the states surveyed ‘expressed concerns regarding the lack of Recovery Act funding provided for accountability and oversight. Due to fiscal constraints, many states reported significant declines in the number of oversight staff — limiting their ability to ensure proper implementation and management of Recovery Act funds.’ “
- Obama’s National Economic Council Leader Falls Asleep Again! 4/23/9 – Larry Summers Does it Again! This time he’s so worried about the “credit card crisis” and the economy is sooooooo bad (*yawn*) that he fell asleep at the President’s credit meeting today! See scandal dated 2/23/9 for the first time this happened.
- Napolitano – Border Crossing Lie – 4/24/9 KOA Radio’s Gunny Bob catches Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano in two lies! First: “on CNN, Obama regime DHS Secretary Napolitano, a pro-illegal alien amnesty activist, lied by stating “crossing the border is not a crime per se” in refering to illegal aliens. In reality, 8 U.S.C. 1325 states very cleary that illegally crossing the US border is a crime: a misdeamor for the first offense and a felony for additional offenses.”
- Napolitano – Canadian Terrorist Entry Lie – 4/24/9 Second, KOA Radio’s Gunny Bob reports Team Obama’s Janet “Napolitano claimed that some of the 9-11 terrorists entered the US via Canada. This is an outright lie. As the 9-11 Commission reported, all of the 9-11 terrorists entered the US from abroad. She then stated that no terrorists have entered the US via Mexico, which is patently false according to the Director of the FBI in testimony before the Congress.” UPDATE 4/24/9 “I knew the minute it came out of my mouth it was wrong,” she said. Republicans now are calling for her resignation. UPDATE 5/27/9 – In Canada, Fox reports: “Napolitano said she regrets that the Canadian media only seem to hear her earlier misstatement — and she wants to move on.” – What kind of apology is that? She ‘regrets’ that they covered what she said?!
- Obama’s Broken NAFTA Promise –
- Obama Breaks Promise to Armenians – 4/24/9 C-BS News (C for Couric, the rest is BS): “‘President Barack Obama…refrained from branding the massacre of an estimated 1.5 million Armenians in Turkey a “genocide,” breaking a campaign promise while contending his views about the 20th century slaughter had not changed.’…”Today’s statement does not reflect the change the president promised,” said Bryan Ardouny, executive director of the Armenian Assembly of America. He said Obama “has needlessly delayed the cause of genocide affirmation and diminishes U.S. credibility with regard to genocide prevention.”
- The Promise Obama Never Intended to Keep! – 4/25/9 Reviewing his 1st 100 days, AP & MSNBC report: “Barack Obama swept into office with a lofty promise to bridge the capital’s fierce partisan divide…While preaching bipartisanship and civility in his first months, Obama also has shown a willingness to push his priorities through Congress over Republican opposition, as with the $787 billion economic stimulus plan. The White House also has engaged at times in the divisive politics Obama himself has condemned, for instance mocking commentator Rush Limbaugh as the GOP’s titular head…”Old habits are hard to break,” the new president acknowledged in February.”
- Obama’s “You pay for what you spend” Lie – 4/25/9 Obama wants new budgeting rules that call for no new programs unless the funding is there, and for all tax cuts to be “paid for” (repeating the stupid lie that tax cuts have to be paid for)…The funniest part is that, of course, he doesn’t want the new rules in place until AFTER his $4-Trillion budget is approved! Fox says while he claims to want things paid for before they begin, the truth is something different: “While the budget does set a roadmap for achieving the president’s goals, it says nothing about how to pay for his health plan, expected to cost more than $1 trillion over the next 10 years. And while the deficit, under the plan, would drop to $523 billion in 2014, it achieves it with unrealistic assumptions, such as projections that spending in Iraq and Afghanistan will amount to only $50 billion a year.”
- Obama sides with Turkey over France & Germany – 4/26/9 – New York Post: “Turkey tried to block the appointment of Anders Fogh Rasmussen as new NATO secretary general because he didn’t properly punish the Danish cartoonist who caricatured Mohammed. France’s Nicolas Sarkozy and Germany’s Angela Merkel were outraged; Obama said he supported Turkey’s induction into the European Union.”
- Obama Leadership By Fear – 4/26/9 – We have written about the failed method of leadership by fear here, here, here, here, here, here, and Andrea Tantaros talked about it here, and here. Today, MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough writes in the New York Post that Obama made a mistake promoting fear: “(Obama) promised to usher in a transformational age where hope would replace fear…The same politician who proclaimed during his inauguration that ‘on this day we have chosen hope over fear’ soon warned Americans that the US economy would be forever destroyed if the stimulus bill was voted down…The White House’s warnings were so over-the-top that Bill Clinton felt compelled to warn the new president against making such grim pronouncements.”
- Obama’s Broken Unemployment Promise – 4/26/9 –Glenn Beck: “Ten days before his inauguration, the President’s chair of the Council of Economic Advisers, Christina Rohmer, released a report describing what to expect economically during the first 100 days and beyond. It presented two starkly different scenarios: one good (if the stimulus were to be passed), and one terrifyingly bad (if we did nothing). Amazingly, the report estimated that if the stimulus package were to pass, the unemployment rate would not go above 8% at any time until at least 2014. It’s already at 8.5%.
- Obama Really wants to talk to Iran – 4/26/9 – Obama is willing to make concessions to Iran so talks can start. New York Post: “Obama is considering dropping a key demand to Iran, allowing it to keep nuclear facilities open during negotiations.”
- Obama Threatens Citigroup CEO – 4/26/9 – After his illegal firing of the GM CEO, which the President had no authority to do (but no one questioned him on it), Obama has a new threat. The NY Post reports he is “Threatening to fire Vikram Pandit as CEO of Citigroup.”
- Obama & The Swine Flu Outbreak 4/27/9 While President Obama was out golfing (imagine what the press would have said if a republican president had done that!), Homeland Security Chieftess Janet Napolitano said the USA is ready to handle the Swine Flu outbreak. The news conference went to her by default because the President has yet to appoint a reasonable person to serve as Health & Human Services Secretary. Three months in to his term, 19 key positions remain open at HHS as the nation prepares for what some fear could be a pandemic.
- Obama Appointment Scandal #49 – John Holdren – 4/27/9 In reviewing Obama’s 1st 100 days, Peter Roff at Fox News adds three more appointees that need to be on our list! First: “There are plenty of secondary appointments, not all of which are subject to the Senate’s advice and consent, which make up the new administration’s gallery of liberal rogues. White House Science Advisor Dr. John P. Holdren is a noted alarmist where the idea of global catastrophes is concerned. In 1971, he predicted that “some form of eco-catastrophe, if not thermonuclear war, seems almost certain to overtake us before the end of the century.” That same year Holdren also claimed that “population control, the redirection of technology, the transition from open to closed resource cycles, the equitable distribution of opportunity, and the ingredients of prosperity must all be accomplished if there is to be a future worth living.” More recently, in 2006, Holdren suggested that global sea levels could rise by 13 feet by the end of this century. The 2007 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s Fourth Assessment Report suggests a potential sea level rise of just 13 inches.” UPDATE 7/23/9: People still are talking about what a nut job Holdren is!UPDATE 8/1/9: CNS News: “It is by now abundantly clear that the GNP cannot grow forever. Why should it?” Holdren asked in a 1977 college science textbook he co-wrote with Paul R. Ehrlich and Anne H. Ehrlich, titled “Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment.” “Why should we not strive for zero economic growth (ZEG) as well as zero population growth?” The pertinent chapter, “Changing American Institutions,” discusses what the authors perceived as problems in America’s social mores, government, and economic system, which they say makes it “the leader in humanity’s reckless exploitation of Earth.” The United States, they argued, should focus on limiting the amount of physical product produced and in circulation.” UPDATE 9/18/9: After being named to our “Obama’s Most Unwanted List,” Holder also gets the ‘honor’ of being named to Sean Hannity’s “The President’s Top 10″ list. Holder has suggested methods of population control that Hannity pointed out such as sterilization capsules implanted in youth and spiking drinking water to prevent pregnancy! Hannity says, “So much for the right to choose!”
- Rosa Brooks Compares Bush to Hitler! – 4/27/9 Peter Roff at Fox News reports on another extreme lefty in a position of high authority: “Then there is Rosa Brooks, who has been tapped to be a key adviser to the undersecretary of defense for policy. A former columnist with The Los Angeles Times, Brooks once compared the work product of Bush’s Office of Legal Counsel to “the so-called Big Lie theory of political propaganda, articulated most infamously by Adolf Hitler.” In 2007, according to various sources, she characterized Al Qaeda as “little more than an obscure group of extremist thugs, well financed and intermittently lethal but relatively limited in their global and regional political pull.” And she once wrote “George W. Bush and Dick Cheney shouldn’t be treated like criminals who deserve punishment. They should be treated like psychotics who need treatment…. Because they’ve clearly gone mad.” Roff notes: “Hardly the calm, rational and reasoned approach one has every right to expect from a senior Pentagon adviser.”
- Obama Official Causes Evacuations in New York!– 4/27/9 The Politco: “Moving to fend off outrage from New York officials, the White House military director apologized for flying Air Force One and an accompanying fighter jet low near Ground Zero as part of a photo shoot Monday. President Barack Obama was not aboard when the huge 747 Air Force jet buzzed across Lower Manhattan, prompting evacuations, 911 calls and frightful memories of the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said he had not been informed of the flight and was “furious” over the incident.”UPDATE 5/5/9 CBS News: The photos of Air Force One’s low flyover of Manhattan will not be released.
- Teleprompter in Chief’s Latest Blunder!– 4/27/9 – This one is priceless. Even his supporters laugh at him. “In addition to John…. sorry, the….. I just noticed that I jumped the gun here,” Obama said. Then he laid the smackdown on the teleprompter. “Go ahead and move it up,” he demanded of his machine. “I’d already – I’d already introduced all you guys.”
- Obama Gives Away Chrysler & Threatens Banks! – “To Insanity & Beyond!”!– 4/28/9 – As we reported, the President is trying to give away a 55% ownership of Chrysler to the UAW and let the union inmates run the asylum! Your tax dollars kept Chrysler alive. That asset, if it has any value at all, is yours and mine as taxpayers. Since when does the President have the authority to reach a deal to give away a $4-billion asset? And he’s giving it to a division of his own political party, the union. He has not only gone to the extremist infinity, but beyond it as well! The Obama File adds this: “Obama, ignoring laws that assign priority to secured creditors, has tried to bully lenders into abandoning their legal rights in favor of the UAW. To my knowledge, there is no precedent for this sort of arrogant lawlessness in American history. (Germany, Italy and Argentina are familiar with it.) Now, bankruptcy lawyer Thomas Lauria tells WJR Radio: “Let me tell you it’s no fun standing on this side of the fence opposing the President of the United States. In fact, let me just say, people have asked me who I represent. That’s a moving target. I can tell you for sure that I represent one less investor today than I represented yesterday. One of my clients was directly threatened by the White House and in essence compelled to withdraw its opposition to the deal under the threat that the full force of the White House Press Corps would destroy its reputation if it continued to fight. That’s how hard it is to stand on this side of the fence.”
- Obama’s Broken Promise to Wipe out Income Tax for Seniors Making less than $50,000
- Obama’s Broken Promise on Penalty Free IRA withdrawals 4/28/9 The Humble Libertarian: “Obama made it part of his agenda to “allow withdrawals of 15% up to $10,000 from retirement accounts without penalty (although subject to the normal taxes). This would apply to withdrawals in 2008 (including retroactively) and 2009,” but didn’t include this measure in the stimulus package or his budget proposal.”
- Obama’s Broken Promise on College Tuition Credits 4/28/9 The Humble Libertarian: “Obama promised a $4000 tax credit for college tuition, but backpedaled when he signed a much smaller $2,500 college tax credit into law.”
- Obama Repeats Clinton Mistake!– 4/29/9 – Newsmax: “When Iranian government official Ahmad Samavati arrived in Washington, D.C., in February at the head of a five-man negotiating team, he thought he had an offer the Obama administration couldn’t refuse. The Iranian regime was going to turn over scores of top al-Qaida operatives, including some on the FBI’s “Most Wanted Terrorists” list. To Samavati’s surprise, the State Department officials he met declined the offer. “They told him they did not want any al-Qaida people. They told him they didn’t want them in the United States,” an Iranian source familiar with the negotiations told Newsmax…In the annual report on terrorism it released last April, the State Department blasted Iran for its unwillingness to cooperate in arresting, rendering, or controlling al-Qaida members operating from its territory.”
- Obama Taking Ownership of GM!– 4/29/9 – After rewarding his UAW pals with ownership of Chrysler, Obama is rewarding himself by taking ownership of GM! Fox News says the GM restructuring plan “Fuels Fear of Nationalization.” Fear of it?! It’s here if this goes through! From Fox: “If the government takes a majority stake in General Motors, will it end up taking the wheel, too? Under a restructuring plan put forth this week by GM, the ailing automaker would give majority ownership to the federal government to stave off bankruptcy. That handoff would amount to an extraordinary partial nationalization of the maker of Buicks, Cadillacs and Chevys that has been an independent company since 1908. The Obama administration has said it isn’t interested in running an auto company, but with that big of a stake, some analysts say the government would probably be tempted to push its own policies on such issues as alternative fuel vehicles and unions. And that could affect the types of cars that roll off GM’s assembly lines. “The fear here is that a company owned by the government would move toward the do-good results, not the bottom line,” said Gerald Meyers, a University of Michigan business professor and former CEO of American Motors Corp. GM’s proposal would give the government more than 50 percent of the automaker’s stock in exchange for forgiving $10 billion in government loans.
- VP Joe Biden as Fearmonger! – 4/30/9 Team Obama is using Leadership by Fear again. This time Fox calls him a Fearmonger after he did a TV interview about the swine flu and said he wouldn’t get in any confined space with anyone right now! He urged people not to fly, get on a bus or even take a train. He sounded like Dr. Suess!
- Surprise! You have to give back part of Obama’s Tiny Tax Cut! – 4/30/9 Gosh, they “forgot” to tell us this little fact! Associated Press writer Stephen Ohlemacher writes for Yahoo Finance: “Millions of Americans enjoying their small windfall from President Barack Obama’s “Making Work Pay” tax credit are in for an unpleasant surprise next spring. The government is going to want some of that money back. The tax credit is supposed to provide up to $400 to individuals and $800 to married couples as part of the massive economic recovery package enacted in February. Most workers started receiving the credit through small increases in their paychecks in the past month. But new tax withholding tables issued by the IRS could cause millions of taxpayers to get hundreds of dollars more than they are entitled to under the credit, money that will have to be repaid at tax time. At-risk taxpayers include a broad swath of the public: married couples in which both spouses work; workers with more than one job; retirees who have federal income taxes withheld from their pension payments and Social Security recipients with jobs that provide taxable income. The Internal Revenue Service acknowledges problems with the withholding tables but has done little to warn average taxpayers.
- Obama’s Job Creation Claim is a Stretch! – 4/30/9 Fox quotes Obama: “We began by passing a Recovery Act that has already saved or created over 150,000 jobs.” THE FACTS: This assertion is dubious on several levels. For starters, the U.S. has lost more than 1.2 million jobs since Obama took office, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Even if Obama’s stimulus bill saved or created as many jobs as he says, that number is dwarfed by the number of recent job losses. But Obama’s number is murky, at best. The White House has not yet announced how it intends to count jobs created by the stimulus bill. Obama’s number is based on a job-counting formula that his economists have developed but have not made public. Until that formula is announced…there’s no way to assess its accuracy. Whatever the formula, economists who study job creation say it will require some creative math. That’s because Obama has lumped “jobs saved” in with “jobs created.” Even economists for organizations that stand to benefit from the stimulus concede it probably is impossible to estimate saved jobs because that would require calculating a hypothetical: how many people would have lost their jobs without the stimulus.” UPDATE 5/27/9: Obama repeats the claim at a California fundraiser. Texas Rep. John Culberson called the stimulus package “a fiscal flop and nothing to celebrate,” and he said that since the bill was signed Feb. 17, “1.597 million jobs have been lost and unemployment numbers at their highest levels in two decades.” UPDATE 6/6/9: ABCDEmocrat News: “The truth is, even the Obama administration isn’t able to say for sure how many jobs the stimulus is saving and/or creating. No one is able to even say how many of the projects approved by the administration have even begun, because “it’s such a moving target,” Jared Bernstein, Biden’s top economic adviser, said…With its promises to “save or create” 3.5 million new jobs, the Obama White House has set a fuzzy bar for itself; no one will ever really be able to say whether it’s been cleared. Even with the stimulus on the books, unemployment rose last month, and is likely to continue to rise in the coming months, according to the administration; the argument Bernstein and the economic team make is that job losses would be worse without the stimulus. The problem, as Republicans are eager to point out, is that it’s really not possible to measure a “saved” job.
- Michelle’s Steppin’ Out Blunder! – 5/1/9 Michelle Obama did a nice thing today. She went to help feed the poor at a Washington D.C. food bank. The problem? She wore a $540 pair of sneakers! Fox reports: “The sneakers, which come in denim and satin, are a favorite of comic Ellen DeGeneres and rapper Kanye West — and they’re “certainly not a reflection of the poor economy,” said FOX News’ Noelle Watters, host of iMag Style.”
- Obama’s Flip Flops are Solar-System Wide! Latest flip on Sending Man back to the Moon May, 2009 – Politico: “Early in his presidential campaign, Obama had great reservations about the costs and risks of human space flight. He said he would delay NASA’s plans to send humans to the moon and, eventually, Mars and, instead, spend that money on education. But, as Florida, Ohio and Texas became more politically important, Obama began to walk back his proposed NASA cuts, promising to fund unmanned space exploration and some other scientific missions. Now that he’s in office, Obama’s reversal is complete: The White House budget, released earlier this month, provides a healthy increase in NASA funding and explicitly endorses the “goal of returning Americans to the moon and exploring other destinations.”
- Obama Appointment Scandal #50 – Ronald Sims– 5/2/9 – Washington Examiner: “President Barack Obama has settled on a train-wreck of a nominee for Deputy Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)…The Senate, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee approved Ronald Sims in a voice vote. They did so despite having credible information indicating financial mismanagement and ethical transgressions, including two egregious abuses of a state freedom of information law. Sims has been King County Executive in Washington state since 1996. Under his watch, local government was fined after it failed to produce documents concerning construction of the Qwest sports stadium. The Supreme Court of Washington, in a blistering ruling on the case issued this past January, said officials illegally withheld documents from requestor Armen Yousoufian. “The unchallenged findings of fact demonstrate King County repeatedly deceived and misinformed Yousoufian for years.” UPDATE 9/18/9: Sims missed the cut to be included in Sean Hannity’s TV special, “The President’s Top Ten.” However, he is included in our “Obama’s Most Unwanted List!” posted prior to Sean’s show.
- Obama’s Deficit Smoke & Mirrors Game-5/3/9 The president continues to blame Bush as he did in Missouri recently: “Number one, we inherited a $1.3 trillion deficit….That wasn’t me.” But Fox News reports the President is leaving out most of the story: “Congress, under Democratic control in 2007 and 2008, held the purse strings that led to the deficit Obama inherited.” Obama was a Senator at the time. Fox: “Bush, had a role too: He signed the legislation. Obama supported the emergency financial bailout package in Bush’s final months — a package Democratic leaders wanted to make bigger…The nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget has estimated Obama’s policy proposals would add a net $428 billion to the deficit over four years, even accounting for his spending reduction goals. Now, the deficit is nearly quadrupling to $1.75 trillion.”
- Obama’s Tax Evasion Hypocrisy-5/4/9 Obama tells the press: “The way to make American businesses competitive is not to let some citizens and businesses dodge their responsibility, while ordinary Americans pick up the slack. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what we’re doing.” He is right that this is exactly what HE is doing and HIS administration is doing. Why does the President let people like Tim the Tax Cheat Geithner dodge the responsibility? Why does Obama let ordinary Americans pick up the slack? Of course the Hypocrite-in-Chief wasn’t talking about his own friends who are tax evaders or the seven nominees for top posts he picked who are dodging their responsibilities! This one’s a blood boiler.
- Obama Proposes Increasing Double Tax on Business– 5/4/9 – And how will this help CREATE jobs?? Obama wants to increase taxes on businesses during a time of recession and very high unemployment! The President wants to increase the double taxes we already charge US companies that make money overseas. “The United States is the only major industrialized country which double taxes the overseas earnings of our companies. Since other countries don’t subject their companies to double taxation, U.S. companies need deferral to stay competitive in the global marketplace,” the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s chief economist, Marty Regalia, told Fox News. Even democrats like Senator Max Baucus say “more study is needed” on this one.
- White House Press Corps: A Division of the Democrat Party! – 5/4/9 – Fox Nation has this amazing video of the blazing bias the media has in favor of Barack Hussein Obama — VIDEO TAKEN DOWN —
If Al Gore were here, he would say when it comes to talk about bias in the media, “the debate is over.”
- Obama 5th of the 4th Gaffe– 5/4/9 – CNN reports the President, in celebrating Cinco de Mayo (5th of May) a day early at the White House called the celebration the “Cinco de Quatro.” The 5th of the 4th?? The President said they like to do things early in “The Obama White House.”
- Obama Flip Flop on New York Fly Over Pictures– First on 5/5/9 CBS News reports: The photos of Air Force One’s low flyover of Manhattan will not be released. Then on 5/6/9 Fox News reports: The White House plans to soon release a photo from the controversial Air Force One-style flyover of Manhattan last week, despite claiming earlier that there was no need to release any official images from the incident.
- Obama’s No Prayer Day of Prayer– 5/6/9 National Days of Prayer are of little use to communists and, apparently, to the President of the United States. Mr. Obama cancelled the traditional White House observance of the special day and plans no public appearances related to the Day of prayer. Fox reports: “We are disappointed in the lack of participation by the Obama administration,” Shirley Dobson, chairwoman of the National Day of Prayer Committee, said in a statement. “At this time in our country’s history, we would hope our president would recognize more fully the importance of prayer.” ABCDEmocrat News’ David Wright earlier noted Obama “has not been to church since he took office — 11 Sundays!” He finally went on Easter.
- Obama’s FBI Fails to Update Terror List– 5/7/9 – MSNBC & AP Report: The failure to place appropriate individuals on the watchlist, or the failure to place them on the watchlist in a timely manner, increases the risk that these individuals are able to enter and move freely about the country. It’s okay though, Homeland Security Chieftess Janet Napolitano says she’s working on it. Feel better now?
- Obama spends $3.4-Trillion then claims he is cutting spending! – 5/7/9 The Audacity of this President is beyond belief. Appearing on FOX News, Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., said it’s important to place the $17 billion figure in the context of the president’s $3.4 trillion budget.”It’s as if you took a teaspoon of water out of the bathtub while you left the spicket on at full speed,” he said.
“Basically right now we’re running up a debt that is so high as a percentage of our gross national product that we couldn’t even get into the European union,” he said. “I mean we’re headed to third-world country status if we keep this up.” As the President released details of his so-called cuts, Fox reports he said: “All across this country, Americans are responding to difficult economic times by tightening their belts and making tough decisions about where they need to spend and where they need to save. The question the American people are asking is whether Washington is prepared to act with the same sense of responsibility,” he said. “I believe we can and must do exactly that.” – When in the holy freaking crap are you going to start? He quadruples the deficit, but says he’s cutting it in half (still a doubling of the deficit!), now he increases federal government spending so much it makes us a 3rd world nation, and claims he’s tightening his belt like you and I! Bold and deliberate lies.
- Team Obama Flips Again on Releasing Terrorists– 5/7/9 Fox News quotes Attorney General Eric Holder: “We don’t have any plans to release terrorists,” said Holder. But he also said some of the Guantanamo Bay detainees will be released, indicating the Obama administration believes some of those held there are not terrorists. Sen. Richard Shelby, a Republican, pressed Holder to say whether he believed he had the authority to release someone with terrorist training into the U.S. The attorney general did not directly answer Shelby’s question, but said the government does not have any plans to release terrorists. “With regard to those who you would describe as terrorists, we would not bring them into this country and release them, anyone we would consider to be a terrorist,” Holder said. He added the government has no plans to release anyone considered a terrorist in a foreign country, either.” – Okay, so some of these bad guys aren’t really bad guys? Is Holder nuts? And, uhm,…you’re not going to release the terrorists in the U.S. or any foreign country either?! Where the heck will they go then?! You have got to see the scandal from 4/16/9 on Obama bringing a terrorist to New York. I’m just trying to follow this! You’re closing the terrorist prison at Guantanamo, so these people have to go somewhere but they won’t come here or be sent to any other country. So, are you going to evaporate them? Send them all to another planet? Outrageous nonsense.
- Fundraiser Obama asked for help is Headed to Jail– 5/7/9 Fox News: Former top Democratic fundraiser Norman Hsu has told a federal judge in Manhattan he will plead guilty to 10 counts of wire and mail fraud…Hsu was indicted in 2007 on charges of cheating investors of at least $20 million in what prosecutors say was a huge Ponzi scheme. The government also says he made illegal donations to politicians including Hillary Clinton. Her Senate campaign later returned money linked to him. As we note in Scandal #13, Team Obama also sought help from Hsu. KOA Radio reports Hsu was “a close friend and political ally of Obama who was one of Obama’s biggest fundraisers.”
- White House Military Leader Incoherent! – 5/8/9 White House Military Office leader Louis Caldera has resigned over the botched Air Force One flight over New York City that scared thousands of people. The White House’s own review said, “Ultimately, the director (Louis Caldera) did not notify Messina (Jim, deputy White House Chief of Staff) or Gibbs (the White House Press Secretary) about the flyover,” reads the report, “when asked why he failed to do so, he (Caldera) did not offer a coherent explanation.” And that surprises us, why?
- Obama & “The Greatest Scandal” – 5/10/9 – Archbishop Raymond Burke, who is the prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, the Vatican’s highest court, (says) “The proposed granting of an honorary doctorate at Notre Dame University to our president, who is so aggressively advancing an anti-life and anti-family agenda, is rightly the source of the greatest scandal.” Burke is the former archbishop of St. Louis and a vocal opponent of giving communion to politicians who support abortion rights. He was the latest in a string of Catholic leaders to criticize Notre Dame’s decision. But Notre Dame University President Rev. John I. Jenkins has called Obama an “inspiring leader” who follows in a long tradition of presidential guest speakers. He says that the invitation does not mean universal support for Obama administration policies. Fox News reports Newt Gingrich, a recent convert to Catholicism, told ‘FOX News Sunday’ “To the degree that Notre Dame still thinks of itself as a Catholic institution, it raises real questions.”
- Joe Biden Promises Free College to grade school kids! – 5/10/9 – Real Clear Politics: “BIDEN: How many of you kids want to go to college? Well, guess what? Barack Obama and Joe Biden are going to make sure that every single one you who qualify are going to get to go to college even if you don’t have the money in your family to go. We’re going to make sure you get there.”
- SEIU Pays to Play! – Obama pays the union back! – 5/11/9 – Hot Air notes: “Officials in the (CA) governor’s office say a politically powerful union may have had inappropriate influence over the Obama administration’s decision to withhold billions of dollars in federal stimulus money from California if the state does not reverse a scheduled wage cut for the labor group’s workers. The officials say they are particularly troubled that the Service Employees International Union, which lobbied the federal government to step in, was included in a conference call in which state and federal officials reviewed the wage cut and the terms of the stimulus package. California Secretary of Health and Human Services Kim Belshe said she could not recall another instance in which the federal government invited a significant stakeholder group into such government-to-government negotiations. “The involvement of a stakeholder in this kind of state-federal deliberative process is unusual at best,” she said. “This was really atypical and outside any norm I am familiar with.” In addition to several state and federal officials, participants in the April 15 conference call included an SEIU associate general counsel in Washington, a lobbyist for SEIU in California and a representative from SEIU’s policy staff in California, according to a list provided by the Schwarzenegger administration.
- Obama Air-Raiding Villages & Killing Civilians! – 5/13/9 Paul Ibrahim reports: “Remember when, during his campaign, Obama proclaimed that the U.S. is “just air-raiding villages and killing civilians” in Afghanistan? Well, this was in the news: KABUL (AFP) — A US and Afghan investigation confirmed Saturday that “a number of civilians” were killed in clashes with Taliban this week although President Hamid Karzai charged that up to 130 (civilians) died in US air strikes…the joint investigation team said it was unable to give firmer figures because all the dead had been buried, some in mass graves. The statement also did not make clear if the dead were killed in air strikes or ground fighting.” Translation: Bush Air Raids and Civilian deaths=Bad. Obama Air Raids and Civilian deaths=okay. Democrats=kool-aid drinkers!
- Team Obama uses Anecdotes as Evidence to say Stimulus is Working– 5/13/9 – Even the Associated Democrat Press admitted today “the White House plays a little loose with the facts!” Stunning, coming from them. AP says: “Many of the claims the White House is making are based on anecdotes selected to fit the Obama administration’s message. For instance, the report cites a newspaper article about workers being rehired at a factory in Chicago. That account is true, but is no more an accurate snapshot of the nation’s economy than a story, not cited in the report, about a Roanoke, Va., railcar factory closing.”
- VP Biden Lies About Increased Home Sales Activity– 5/13/9 – Since February, sales of existing homes have fallen 3 percent and new home sales are down .6 percent. And the number of jobs in the real estate industry has declined by about 20,500. AP reports: There are signs that the housing market is improving. But the numbers suggest that if the market bottomed out, it did so in January, before the stimulus was passed. Still Biden says first-time homebuyers are “driving increased activity in the home sales market,” while mortgage and title companies are hiring more workers because of the first-time homebuyer tax credit included in the stimulus bill. – Kind of a stretch there, eh Joe?
- VP Biden Implies employment agencies are placing more people now – Not True. – 5/13/9 AP: BIDEN SAID: “Employment agencies are placing more workers in jobs, and demand is up since February.” THE FACTS: The report cites an interview with an employment service manager quoted in the same New Orleans business article. The anecdote may be true, but it’s impossible to extrapolate that any further, even just to New Orleans. The city has lost more than 200 jobs since February. Overall, Louisiana lost 16,085 jobs over the same span, according to the Department of Labor.
- White House Claim of ‘Saved’ Jobs is a major “Disconnect” with the Truth! – 5/13/9 AP: “THE WHITE HOUSE SAID: The stimulus has created or saved 150,000 jobs. THE FACTS: Since February, the nation has lost more than 1.3 million jobs…The argument is that the job numbers would have been even worse had it not been for the stimulus, and the difference between those numbers is a net positive.To visualize that disconnect, consider this: The administration has promised to create or save 600,000 more jobs in the next 100 days. Even if the nation loses another 5 million jobs during that span (a highly unlikely prospect) the White House could still claim success…spending has a cost. At some point, Washington will have to pay for this program, either by raising taxes or interest rates, and those policies typically hurt job growth. The Obama administration’s job data do not take into consideration this back-end cost, an omission some economists, particularly conservative economists, say is a flaw in the analysis.
- VP Biden has Foul Mouth– 5/13/9 – Another Gaffe for Joe Biden. Fox News reports “Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, “An hour late, oh give me a f**king break,” after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president’s expletive was caught on a live microphone.”
- Obama Lawlessness– 5/14/9 – George Will notes in the Washington Post: “The Obama administration’s agenda of maximizing dependency involves political favoritism cloaked in the raiment of “economic planning” and “social justice” that somehow produce results superior to what markets produce when freedom allows merit to manifest itself, and incompetence to fail. The administration’s central activity — the political allocation of wealth and opportunity — is not merely susceptible to corruption, it is corruption…The Obama administration is bold. It also is careless regarding constitutional values and is acquiring a tincture of lawlessness.”
- Another Obama Photo Flip Flop! – 5/14/9 – Evan Perez at the Wall Street Journal: “The president reversed a recent administration decision to release photos showing purported abuse of prisoners at U.S. military facilities in Iraq and Afghanistan. Mr. Obama cited concern that releasing the pictures could endanger U.S. troops. Mr. Obama ordered government lawyers to pull back an earlier court filing promising to release hundreds of photos by month’s end as part a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union.” Meanwhile, Rush Limbaugh said the move is just a ploy because Obama could issue an Executive Order to prevent the pictures from being released. Rush’s thought is that they will file a weak paper with the court and could lose the case on purpose. Then they could say, “We have no choice, we have to release the photos.” Stay Tuned.
- Obama Hold “Detainees” Forever/Habeas Corpus Flip Flop!
– 5/14/9 – After criticizing the Bush Administration for holding detainees for an unlimited time in Guantanamo, President Barack Obama now is considering doing the exact same thing! The proposal the Hypocrite in Chief has given to “members of Congress is another indication of President Barack Obama’s struggles to establish his counter-terrorism policies, balancing security concerns against attempts to alter Bush-administration practices he has harshly criticized.” – Wall Street Journal. – While he now says he might hold some forever, on June 24, 2007 the Washington Post notes he said: “we’re going to close Guantanamo. And we’re going to restore habeas corpus. … We’re going to lead by example, by not just word but by deed. That’s our vision for the future.” Habeas corpus is a tenet of the Constitution that protects people from unlawful imprisonment. UPDATE 7/19/9: From Fox News and the Wall Street Journal on July 7: “The Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens indefinitely even if they have been acquitted of terrorism charges by a U.S. military commission. Jeh Johnson, the Defense Department’s chief lawyer, told the Senate Armed Services Committee that releasing a detainee who has been tried and found not guilty was a policy decision that officials would make based on their estimate of whether the prisoner posed a future threat. Like the Bush administration, the Obama administration argues that the legal basis for indefinite detention of aliens it considers dangerous is separate from war-crimes prosecutions.” – “Like” the Bush Administration?? I thought these guys hated the Bush Administration?! So much for restoring habeas corpus! UPDATE 6/3/10: Visibility 911 says Team Obama won its battle in court and now has the right to hold detainees overseas forever. So much for change.
- Axelrod Calls Miss California a “*itch!” – 5/14/9 – From the Gunny Bob show on KOA Radio: “David Axelrod, Obama’s chief political advisor, stated that one of the names the Obamas had considered for their new dog was “Miss California,” an ugly and very personal insult for Miss Carrie Prejean, who is not in favor of gay marriage” like Axelrod and Obama are.
- Obama Hypocrisy: Military Tribunals Flip Flop! – 5/15/9 Obama continues Flip Flop week: “We will seek more time to allow us time to reform the military commission process. These reforms will begin to restore the commissions as a legitimate forum for prosecution.” Bloomberg reports: “The actions would revive a system put in place by former President George W. Bush…Human rights groups criticized the president’s decision.” The Council on Foreign Relations points out that view was different when Obama was a candidate: “In February 2008, Obama criticized the prosecution of six Guantanamo detainees charged with involvement in the 9/11 attacks. He said the trials are “too important to be held in a flawed military commission system…Instead, Obama said, the men should be tried in a U.S. criminal court or by a military court-martial. Obama voted against the Military Commissions Act of 2006.” Now he flips and “Obama said he wanted to preserve the military commissions system as a proper forum “for trying enemies who violate the laws of war.” Blazing hypocrisy! UPDATE 6/5/9: State Run U.S. Socialist News and World Liberal Report also notes Obama’s flip flop here. Of course they praise him for flip-flopping for the “public good!”
- Obama “Throws Himself Under the Bus” Condemning his Own Policies! – 5/15/9 From the Rush Limbaugh Show: It’s a Bloomberg story: “President Barack Obama, calling current deficit spending ‘unsustainable,’ warned of skyrocketing interest rates for consumers if the US continues to finance government by borrowing from other countries. ‘We can’t keep on just borrowing from China,’ Obama said at a town-hall meeting in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, outside Albuquerque. ‘We have to pay interest on that debt, and that means we are mortgaging our children’s future with more and more debt.’ Holders of US debt will eventually ‘get tired’ of buying it, causing interest rates on everything from auto loans to home mortgages to increase, Obama said. ‘It will have a dampening effect on our economy.’”This is the guy who has just saddled us with $11 trillion in budget deficits for the next ten years, warning that his own policies have wrecked the US economy and that they cannot be continued. He threw himself under the bus. We can’t continue Obamaism. Just barely over a hundred days into his administration, Obama has condemned his own administration, and nobody in the Drive-By Media gets this. They’re still praising the guy for showing fiscal restraint and understanding the dangers that are out there. It just gets funnier and more ridiculous each and every day. This is an historic event, the first time in presidential history where a president has thrown himself under the bus. A scathing attack on Obama’s spending policies by Obama, in which Obama warns that those spending policies cannot be sustained. It is impossible to make too big a deal of this. So you have ask, “Is Obama the new Houdini?” You know, it’s Barack H. Obama. Does the “H” now stand for Houdini? Is he trying to escape all responsibility, that he has no responsibility for his own votes for TARP?”
- Obama’s Apology Tour # 9– 5/15/9 Warner Todd Huston is reporting on Publius Forum: “In keeping with the America denigrating tone set by president Obama, the U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, told participants of the UN Human Rights Council that the U.S. has “not been perfect ourselves” on human rights issues. Rice was discussing the pending membership of the United States on the UN Human Rights Council which has such human rights loving states as China, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Jordon, Nicaragua, Egypt, and Pakistan as members. With members of such ‘high standards,’ it is no wonder that Ambassador Rice felt the need to apologize for the U.S.A.”
- Michelle Obama Preaching, but not Practicing! – 5/16/9 – NY Times quotes Michelle speaking at the Univ. of California-Merced commencement: “Remember that you are blessed. Remember that in exchange for those blessings, you must give something back. (Applause.) You must reach back and pull someone up. You must bend down and let someone else stand on your shoulders so that they can see a brighter future.” We agree. Those are great words and good things for all of us…even the Obama’s. According to the Obamas’ federal tax returns, from 2000-2004 they gave less than 1% of their income to charity and earned millions of dollars during that time.
- Obama Contradicts Himself at Notre Dame– 5/17/9 –An observer noted weeks ago (see Scandal #213) that President Obama had done nothing to fulfill his pledge to find “common ground” on the issue of abortion. Today the President “urged graduates to seek common ground on issues, like abortion, that stir passion on both sides.” In the same speech he said “No matter how much we may want to fudge it — indeed, while we know that the views of most Americans on the subject are complex and even contradictory — the fact is that at some level, the views of the two camps are irreconcilable.” I don’t believe for a minute that the views of “most Americans” are contradictory. He was speaking of his own views on the subject; find a common ground even though the two sides are irreconciliable. UPDATE 5/18/9: As Rush Limbaugh puts it, “I have often asked, “Where is the middle ground between good and evil? Where do you compromise, where’s the compromise between life and death? Where’s the compromise between killing and birth? Where do you compromise on that?”
- Biden Blunder: Reveals Location of (formerly) Secret Bunker– 5/17/9 – Newsweek’s Eleanor Clift: Biden “said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the (VP’s) residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment.” Clift continued: “The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn’t be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall.” UPDATE 5/18/9: Fox News: “There was no disclosure of classified information,” spokeswoman Elizabeth Alexander said. She said the room was not an underground facility, “rather, an upstairs workspace in the residence, which he understood was frequently used by Vice President Cheney and his aides.”That workspace was converted into an upstairs guest room when the Bidens moved into the residence.”… Uh huh…suuuuuuuuure it was.
- Obama using tax dollars to send jobs out of the country?! – 5/18/9 – During the campaign, Mr. Obama promised: “I will stop giving tax breaks to corporations that ship jobs overseas, and I will start giving them to companies that create good jobs right here in America!” Contrast that with the story today of Union workers picketing in Kenosha, Wisconsin over the closure of a Chrysler engine plant. The UAW leadership is upset because it claims while Chrysler got tax dollars to stay in business, it now will be moving these jobs to a new plant in Mexico. So much for Obama preventing companies from shipping jobs overseas! Obama gave billions in breaks to Chrysler and they still plan to ship jobs to other countries!
- Obama’s Born Alive Lie – in the News Again– Rush Limbaugh 5/18/9: “I’m illustrating the low art of political seduction practiced by President Obama, how he just made a speech (at Notre Dame) advocating a point of view or suggesting that we peacefully co-exist here, but he didn’t detail his position here. I want you to know what his position is in his own words. This is in the Illinois state Senate, April of 2002. OBAMA: ‘And that essentially adding an additional doctor, who then has to be called in an emergency situation to come in and make these assessments is really designed simply to burden the original decision of the woman and the physician to induce labor and perform an abortion.’ RUSH: Now, here he is talking about the Born Alive Infant Protection Act and why he was going to vote against it. And he voted against it three times, the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, because it would be a burden to bring in another doctor, okay, the abortion doctor botches it, so you gotta bring in a third doctor to save the baby. That’s a burden on the first doctor. It’s a burden on the second doctor; it’s a burden on the mother, who intended to abort. Here’s Obama, August 16, 2008. This is Lake Forest, California, after the Saddleback civil forum with Rick Warren, the Christian Broadcasting Network David Brody talked to Obama, said, “Real quick, the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, they’re basically saying they felt like you misrepresented your position on that bill.” OBAMA: Here is a situation where folks are lying. I have said repeatedly that I would have been completely and fully in support of the federal bill that everybody supported, which was to say that you should provide assistance to any infant that was born, even if it was as a consequence of an induced abortion. That was not the bill that was presented at the state level. What that bill also was doing was trying to undermine Roe vs. Wade. By the way, we also had a bill — a law already in place in Illinois that ensured lifesaving treatment was given to infants. So for people to suggest that I and the Illinois Medical Society, so Illinois’ doctors, were somehow in favor of withholding lifesaving support from an infant born alive is ridiculous. RUSH: Well, play number nine real quick again. He says ridiculous? Well, let’s listen to number nine again. OBAMA: And that essentially adding an additional doctor who then has to be called in an emergency situation to come in and make these assessments is really designed simply to burden the original decision of the woman and the physician to induce labor and perform an abortion. RUSH: Now, if he’s going to start calling people liars, we’re going to have to ignore what he said on three different occasions in order not to call him one.”
- Obama’s Executive Pay Flip Flop– 5/18/9 – As we reported on 2/4/9: “President B-Rock announced today that executives working for companies where the government has significant ownership will no longer be able to earn more than $500,000 a year. Never before in this great nation’s history has a President taken such a huge step to limit the income of our citizens. This is a huge, bold and brazen step into the socialist pool.” Now today, Fox Reports the Flip Flop: “Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said Monday that government should place “broad constraints” on the incentives that huge pay packages create for executives to take short-term risks. But he drew the line at government determining levels of pay. “I don’t think our government should set caps on compensation.” – It’s either a flip flop in the administration policy, or Tim the Tax Cheat Geithner is disagreeing with his boss!
- Democrats Tell Obama “No” to closing Guantanamo! – 5/19/9 – President Obama can’t even convince his own party that closing Club Gitmo is a good idea! Democrat-Socialist congressmen and senators both plan to remove the money from Obama’s proposed budget that would be needed to close the terrorist prison in Guantanamo. Fox reports: “(Senate Leader Harry) Reid mangled his (own) party’s position on the congressional news of the day, that Senate Democrats would join their House counterparts in withholding the money President Barack Obama needs to close the Guantanamo Bay prison until Obama comes up with a plan for relocating its prisoners. But Reid went further than saying he wanted to see a plan for the money before Congress approves it. “We will never allow terrorists to be released into the United States,” he said. “Part of what we don’t want is them be put in prisons in the United States,” Reid clarified but digging himself into a bigger hole by departing significantly from some of his colleagues and administration officials. “We don’t want them around the United States.” Did the administration put Democrats in an awkward position, asking for the money before setting out how it would be spent? “Not at all,” said Reid. “Yes,” his deputy, Sen. Dick Durbin replied to the same question.” UPDATE 6/9/9 So much for Harry Reid’s promise to never, ever bring terrorists from Gitmo to the U.S.A. Ghailani arrived in NY today and entered a not-guilty plea.
- Biden’s Outrageous Lie about Coming Under Enemy Fire! – 5/20/9 – Times Watch has an excellent piece on the latest Biden Fantasy/Lie: “NY Times reporter Nicholas Kulish didn’t question Biden’s claim (reminiscent of Hillary Clinton’s debunked claim to coming under fire in Bosnia) in his story on the vice president’s visit to Sarajevo…From Kulish: ‘During his speech, Mr. Biden recalled his trip to the country in 1993, and how, flying in at the time, his plane was fired upon, and bombed-out homes with snipers inside could be seen.’-End from Kulish. [Our Note: Not True at all!] Back to Times Watch: “Speaking of “old patterns” — Biden sure got fired on a lot as a Democratic senator, didn’t he? During the presidential campaign he claimed his helicopter was “forced down” in Afghanistan. (Turns out it was “forced down” by a snowstorm.) In September 2008, Jim Geraghty at National Review Online summarized all the places Biden claimed to have come under fire, linking to a story in The Hill newspaper showing Biden backing off on multiple claims to have been fired upon in Iraq: When asked for a detailed account of the experience, Biden described three incidents on two separate Iraq trips in which he felt that he was shot at or might have been shot at. Only one of them took place inside the Green Zone, he said, and involved a “shot” landing outside the building where he and other senators were staying. He added that the vehicle he was traveling in the day before might also have been hit. Biden said the incident happened in the morning while he and at least one other senator were shaving. Although he said it shook the building, he wasn’t rattled enough to duck and cover. “No one got up and ran from the room — it wasn’t that kind of thing,” he said. “…It’s not like I had someone holding a gun to my head.”Thinking about it now, he said, a more accurate comment would have been: “I was near where a shot landed.”
- Obama Bringing Terrorist to the USA! – 5/20/9 Just one day after democrat-socialists promised not to bring terrorists to “prisons in the United States,” that’s exactly what Team Obama is doing! AP reports “A top al-Qaida suspect held at Guantanamo Bay will be sent to New York for trial,…Ahmed Ghailani would be the first Guantanamo detainee brought to the U.S.” Obama’s Attorney General, Eric ‘let ‘em go’ Holder has said BOTH that the terrorists could be brought to the U.S. AND that they won’t be brought to the U.S. This is the second terrorist Obama has brought to New York. Remember the teenage pirate brought here (see scandal dated 4/16/09)? From that scandal listing: ‘We were making fun of the Obama Administration and Eric Holder because of what they said about releasing terrorists from Guantanamo Bay in the USA. That’s where the quote comes from. It was supposed to be a joke! It’s not a joke now though. President Obama actually is returning to the Clinton strategy of treating terrorists like regular criminal cases, trying them in court, and giving them all the same rights as a US Citizen. They are, of course, entitled to no such rights.’
- Obama Terror Talk # 1 – Lie About Waterboarding– 5/21/9 – In his “major address on terror” today, President Obama said “brutal methods like waterboarding” were not necessary to keep us safe. To those, like VP Dick Cheney, who say these methods were not only necessary but prevented a 9/11 style attack on Los Angeles, President Obama said, “I could not disagree more.” He added, “I categorically reject the assertions that these are the most effective means of interrogation.” Even though they worked. See Scandal dated 4/21/9 “Interrogation techniques lie!” While Obama released memo’s about the process, he has failed to release the memo’s that prove it worked. Dick Cheney would like to know why. KOA reports Leon Panetta refused Cheney’s request to release the memo’s that show the waterboarding worked!
- Obama Terror Talk # 2 – Error on the Purpose of Guantanamo Prison– 5/21/9 -”Guantanamo became a symbol that helped Al Qaida,” said President obama. “A symbol that helped Al Qaida recruit terrorists to its cause.” Obama also incorrectly said the purpose of the prison at the Navy base in Guantanamo Bay was “serving as a tool to counter terrorism.” Wrong. It wasn’t part of some PR or marketing campaign. It was created to house terrorists and interrogate them to prevent future attacks. Both of those efforts have been very successful. Still obama made the outrageous claim: “Indeed the existence of Guantanamo likely created more terrorists around the world than it ever detained!” Quite a claim with no evidence at all to back it up.
- Obama Terror Talk # 3 – Obama’s Biggest Hypocrisy Yet: Says Guantanamo Helped Terrorist Recruiting! – 5/21/9 – “Guantanamo became a symbol that helped Al Qaida,” said President obama. “A symbol that helped Al Qaida recruit terrorists to its cause.” Interesting. Okay, if that’s true, then “Obama’s Gitmo“…the terrorist prison at Bagram Air Force Base in Iraq where he said he might abandon habeus corpus and hold people indefinetly…must also be a symbol to recruit terrorists. See the Obama Gitmo scandal dated 4/21/9 If we wanted to make up a “fact” as President Obama did in the previous scandal, we could say “Indeed the existence of President Obama’s Gitmo, the terrorist prison at Bagram Air Force Base in Iraq, is likely creating more terrorists around the world than it could ever detain!” Obama wants to show the nation how cool he is for shutting down Gitmo while he hopes no one notices that he has Gitmo II at Bagram in Iraq!!! So, Bagram must also be (as Obama described Gitmo) “it is a rallying cry for our enemies.”…Wait, I forgot (silly me) the media only tell the public it is “bad” when a republican does it. So with our nation’s first socialist President in charge, it must be okay now. My apologies. UPDATE 5/22/9 – Fox Reports democrat-socialist Alcee Hastings is proposing Guantanamo Bay Lite, or Gitmo version 2.0!
UPDATE 5/24/9 Four days after we brought it up here, republican US Senator Jon Kyl says, “I mean, it’s palpably false to suggest that the existence of Gitmo created terrorism, and yet the president gets away with that.” He doesn’t get away with it at ConservativeAmerican.org because we are Leading the way Right. Kyl told Fox News I don’t think you saw guys sitting around in some coffee shop in Saudi Arabia, saying, ‘You know, those Americans have this prison called Gitmo, I think I’ll become a terrorist.’”
- Obama Terror Talk # 4 – Releasing Terrorists in the United States (The flip, flop, flop, flip!) – 5/21/9 First Team Obama said they would consider releasing terrorists in the United States. Then they said they would not. Then they did it (see scandal dated 5/20/9), and now the President claims he won’t do it! “We are not going to release anyone if it would endanger our national security. Nor will we release detainees within the United States who endanger the American people.” Translation? If these guys are found innocent in a U.S. Criminal Court, they walk free…in the United States…after all, they were innocent, right? Yeah, right. And that’s why we have Guantanamo; to hold a bunch of nice guys who were wrongly accused. (*GAG*) Now the Prez says he’ll put them in tough prisons here “to the same types of facilities in which we hold all manner of dangerous and violent criminals.” Obama is turning out to be Bill Clinton III. We’re right back to the failed policy of treating terrorists the same way we treat an armed robber in Detroit. See all four “Obama Terror Talk Scandals” in his own words here from FOX news.
- Another Teleprompter Blunder! – 5/21/9 President Obama reading from his magic notepad: “We have our CIA Director Leon Panetta; we have our Secretary of Defense William Gates.” William (Bill) Gates is the guy who founded Microsoft. Robert Gates runs the defense department.
- Obama Energy Hypocrisy # 1 – Nuclear Power is Good,…er, uh…Bad) – 5/21/9 – Rush Limbaugh as only Rush could say it: “You remember the Dubai Ports deal?…how the country just rose up in unified opposition to…allowing the United Arab Emirates and a Dubai company…to control…several terminals at US ports…the country wanted no part of it because, my gosh, these are Muslims, going to turn the ports over? Guess what deal President Obama just made…a deal to offer nuclear technology to the United Arab Emirates for the express purpose of the UAE only generating electricity to power their growing empire!…While we…send expertise and materiel to help the United Arab Emirates go nuclear with their power, what the hell are we doing? We are looking into freaking windmills! We are examining freaking solar panels! We are in the process of trying to take out the coal industry!…of building little cars with propeller whirly birds on top that have no more power than a lawn mower! We are taking ourselves back to the freaking Stone Age…meanwhile, we are helping the United Arab Emirates go nuclear with their power!…We can’t go nuclear. We can’t do any more nuclear. It’s shut down. But we’re going to help the rest of the world do it? We’re gonna give away our technology, or sell it or whatever we’re going to do. Don’t misunderstand, I got no problem with it. But at the same time I don’t want to sit around and have to live in a country where I have to look at a windmill every **** day and hope and pray the wind’s blowing just to be able to turn on a 40-watt fluorescent, compact, stupid, spaghetti lightbulb that’s not enough light to do anything by!”
- Obama Energy Hypocrisy # 2 – Reduce Dependence on Foreign Oil) – 5/22/9 – President Obama has repeatedly claimed he wants to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. The democrat-socialist congress also made that claim and backed it up by lifting a 27-year ban on drilling off the coasts of Florida and the East & West coats. However, Fox News reports today: “but billions of barrels of that oil remains untouched and off-limits because the Obama administration has postponed development there. The Obama administration favors green energy and provides generous tax subsidies to wind and solar. By contrast, this week the oil industry complained that Obama proposed hiking their taxes by $70 billion over 5 years, including a $122 million on leases the administration considers non-producing. “If you penalize oil and gas, and add taxes, it is going to make it much more difficult and more expensive. That means U.S. jobs are exported.” You mean the Obama administration is causing jobs to move overseas? I thought Obama told us how awful Bush was for that!
– 4/17/9 ABCDEmocrat News: “Authorities are looking at an investment firm co-founded by (Steve Rattner) the head of President Barack Obama’s auto task force as part of an investigation into an alleged “pay to play” scheme to secure New York state pension business, but the White House is standing by its man…the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times, each…reported that Rattner is referred to in the documents as a “senior executive” at Quadrangle…the complaint alleges that, in 2004, the “senior executive” at Quadrangle met with the chief investment officer at the pension fund to ask for investments, with Quadrangle then agreeing to pay what became a $1.1 million fee after receiving an investment from the fund.” White House spokesdude Robert Gibbs says “He (Rattner) is not accused of doing any wrongdoing and is not likely to face either criminal or civil charges as it relates to this.” This is the 38th Obama Appointee to be part of some type of scandal. UPDATE 4/16/2010: From Market News: “An investment firm founded by former Obama auto industry adviser Steven Rattner has agreed to pay $7 million to resolve allegations that it paid kickbacks while trying to drum up business from New York’s government pension fund.” UPDATE 10/15/10: The New York Daily News: “Obama’s former car czar Steve Rattner will fork over $5 million to the feds for his role in a massive state pension fund pay-to-play scandal. In addition to paying the Securities and Exchange Commission, Rattner will be barred from working in the securities industry, a source with knowledge of the deal said. The Daily News first reported last year the ties of Rattner and his now former firm, Quadrangle, to the widespread corruption scandal under disgraced ex-Controller Alan Hevesi…” UPDATE 12/30/2010: Seems Obama Pal Rattner gets to Pay twice that much! DNAInfo is reporting the fine is up to $10-million.
4/22/2009 Jim Geraghty at National Review Online: “Where Do Free Trade Advocates Get Their Reputations Back? Ed Morrissey (Hot Air) cheers Obama’s sudden about-face on a Colombian free-trade deal. I would just note that as recently as the third presidential debate, Obama suggested that people who supported the deal were rewarding a country where violence is perpetrated against workers, where “labor leaders have been targeted for assassination on a fairly consistent basis.” Now it’s a great big “never mind.” I’ll applaud Obama when he concedes that his previous rhetoric on this issue was an inaccurate and unfair smear of those who didn’t toe the AFL-CIO’s line.”
4/24/9 New York Times: “(US Trade Representative Ron Kirk says) The administration has no present plans to reopen negotiations on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) to add labor and environmental protections, as President Obama vowed to do during his campaign…a politically popular position in some electorally important Midwestern states that have lost thousands of manufacturing jobs.” UPDATE 10/12/9: Even Huffers and Puffers at Huffington Post are upset about this broken promise!
4/28/9 The Humble Libertarian: “Obama promised to eliminate income taxation for seniors making less than $50,000 a year. He has broken this promise despite numerous opportunities to keep it, including the economic stimulus package and his administration’s first budget proposal.”
On 9/4/11, ConservativeAmerican.org discontinued the list. It was simply too much work to keep up with all of the Team Obama lies and broken promises. And, the majority of voters were not even willing to listen to the truth about Obama. As history taught us, President Obama was easily reelected in 2012. People still believed the “If you like you plan, you can keep it” lie. Only after the President broke that promise, one that impacted tens of millions of Americans, did citizens start to wake up and realize who the REAL Barack Obama is. This list is presented to all of those now willing to look into Obama’s past.
You can visit all the pages of the Official Obama Administration Scandals List!
SCANDALS By Scandal Number:1-100. 101-200. 201-300. 301-400. 401-500. 501-600. 601-700. 701-800. 801-900. 901-1000. 1001-1100. 1101-1200. 1201-1300. 1301-1400. 1401-1500. 1501-1600. 1601-1700. 1701-1800. 1801-1900. 1901-2000. 2001-2100. 2101-2200. 2201-2300. 2301-2325.
SCANDALS By PAGE Name:
Page 1 – Official Obama Adnimistration Scandals List.
Page 2 – Obama Lies List.
Page 3 – The Tea Party Guide to the Obama Galaxy.
Page 4 The Obama Excuses List.
Page 5 Obama’s Broken Promises List.
Page 6 The Obama Mistakes List.
Page 7 Obama Scandals List.
Page 8 Obamacare Lies List.
Page 9 More Obama Lies.
Page 10 Official Obama Scandals & Lies List.
Page 11 The Obama-Nopoulus 26, 41 State of the Union Lies & Other Obama Scandals!
Page 12 How Many Lies Has Obama Told?
Page 13 More and More Obama Broken Promises! – 1300 & Counting!
Page 14 Obama Nominee Scandals & Other Team Obama Lies
Page 15 Obama Mistakes and Lies List.
Page 16 Never-ending List of Obama Lies
Page 17 The Best Obama Lies List
Page 18 Obamifact/ObamaWiki – The Obama List
BONUS PAGE: 310 Obamacare Lies and Broken Promises!
Page 19 Obama Promises Melt Like Snowflakes! – And We List the Snowflakes
Page 20 ObamaPedia Guide to Obama Lies
Page 21 Obama’s Endless String of Broken Promises
Page 22 Obama’s Broken Net Spending Cut Lie and 2,200 Other Fabrications!
Page 23 – Obama: “I want you to hold me Accountable!” – Okay, we will.
Page 24 – Keeping Track of Obama Lies, Broken Promises.
SCANDALS By Date:
Obama’s Youth-through-Joe the Plumber (10/25/08).
10/30/08 Aunt Zeituni-through-Urban Czar 3/1/9
Broken Earmark pledge 3/1/9-through-4/13/9 Fascist Obama tells Cops to watch out for Conservatives!
Samson Obama 4/13/9-through-Energy Hypocrisy 5/22/9
Racist Sonia Sotomayor 5/26/9-through-Inspectors General-Gate (#3!) 7/8/9
Inspectors General-Gate (#4!) 7/8/9-through-Stimulus “bang” for the buck? 8/7/9
Biden Credits Stimulus 8/7/9-through-Obama Lies to Congress #5 9/9/9
Obama Lies to Congress #6 9/9/9-through-Broken New Orleans Promise 10/16/9
Obama is for drilling?! 10/16/9-through-Jarrett Disagrees with Obama 12/3/9
Obama Lies About Troops 12/3/9-through-Appoints a Transgender 1/5/10
Obama Shock & Awe 1/7/10-through-Obama Disagrees with Himself 1/28/10
Obama’s BS on Lobbyists 1/28/10-through-Obama’s Fake & Staged Obamacare Summit 2/24/10
Obamacare Nightmare gets worse 2/24/10-through-Obama screws up on pre-existing coverage for kids 3/24/10
Obama buys 2 Obamacare Votes 3/24/10-through-Obama stimulus didn’t save teacher jobs after all 5/7/10
Obama Gulf Oil Blunder 5/7/10-through-Obama’s Caribou Coffee Cover-Up 6/29/10
Team Obama says Taliban is Stronger now! 6/29/10-through-Obama again promises to work on economy 9/1/10
Gibbs Lies about Obama 9/1/10-through-Gibbs Flip-flops on Chamber of Commerce 10/17/10
Obama says Americans Don’t Think Clearly! 10/19/10-through-Obama stimulus a complete failure 12/5/10
Bonus Page: 310 Obamacare Lies!
Obama’s Wiki Failure 12/5/10-through-Obama’s State of Confusion Address 1/25/11
Obama’s State of Confusion continued 1/25/11-through-Obama’s Ambassador Forced to Resign 3/20/11.
Obama Libyan Scandals (#4)-through-Obama’s Fake Debt Concern Speech Lie # 23.
More Obama fake debt concern-through-Obama lying about cause of poor economy 6/10/11.
Obama Lying About Border Security 6/10/11-through-Obama’s Lie About Not Resting Until Every American Had a Job! 8/18/11.
Team Obama stops deportations of democrat voters-through-Unions Laboring over why Obama is governing “small.”